New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Shipping to canon for CPS clean and check

JVthePT
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Shipping to canon for CPS clean and check

I am planning to send my 6d, 7dii and 70-200ii in for clean and check. I am a CPS Gold member (recent) and have never shipped for this service. I have read many threads in my search that discuss what not to include, how to package, taking photos of packaging and items prior to shipping. What I haven't found and may seem like a stupid question, but do I use one of the labels from my CPS packet on the outside of the box or do I need to use a label for each item I send?
Logic tells me one label, one package, but I do not want to delay the process by making a simple mistake such as this.

Jul 18, 2015 at 09:58 AM
ggreene
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Shipping to canon for CPS clean and check

My 1DX and 7D2 went in for a pre Fall sports check and I sent them in one box (double boxed) with the Canon CPS Gold Rush label on the outside. Make sure the shipper doesn't put another label over that or Canon might not process it as quickly. At least with UPS make sure the box is well packed because at high insurance values they can be picky.

I have never taken any photos of the packaging and I have sent stuff in multiple times. Within a couple days I get an email(s) with repair ID's that tell me what will be done and if any cost is associated with it.

So far, I have not had any bad experiences.

I'm missing the ability to take photos right now. In the back of my head I'm rationalizing a third body.

Jul 18, 2015 at 01:36 PM
Jeff Nolten
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Shipping to canon for CPS clean and check

I've found the UPS insurance fairly expensive so I now drop off my cameras when I'm in Irvine. This is somewhat OT but they said that CPS members can get the free clean and check on Canon bodies not listed on one's equipment list. For example, I can send in my SL1 for free cleaning even though it doesn't count towards CPS membership.

Jul 18, 2015 at 04:24 PM
danski0224
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Shipping to canon for CPS clean and check

One label, one package. Make sure that the items you send in are on your CPS inventory list.

Jul 18, 2015 at 05:00 PM
uz2work
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Shipping to canon for CPS clean and check

Jeff Nolten wrote:
I've found the UPS insurance fairly expensive so I now drop off my cameras when I'm in Irvine. .

If you have separate insurance covering your photo equipment, such as a personal articles policy, there is no need to pay UPS for their over-priced insurance because your insurance policy should be covering the equipment for all perils, including loss or damage while it is being shipped to Canon for service or repairs.

Jul 18, 2015 at 05:04 PM
JVthePT
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Shipping to canon for CPS clean and check

Thanks for the replies.
We are taking a last minute trip to Badlands and Yellowstone next week so the clean and repair will have to wait a week.

Jul 18, 2015 at 09:17 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.