New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Girl on a beach

Miker2
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Girl on a beach

http://alloutdoor.smugmug.com/Portrait-galleries/Model-Pictures-and-Portraits/i-bs7kgDJ/0/XL/D4A_0309-2t-XL.jpg

Jul 17, 2015 at 10:36 AM
friscoron
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Girl on a beach

Is this that same undiscovered girl, Mike? If so, can you please ask her to come see me in Chicago? It's not fair that you're hogging her.

It's a really nice shot. The lighting reminds me of the old 1950s Hollywood shooting during the day but trying to make it look like it's night-time with the subject lit by a full moon. I like it.

Jul 17, 2015 at 10:51 AM
Miker2
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Girl on a beach

Hi Friscoron...no this is another tall blonde....appreciate your comment.

Jul 17, 2015 at 11:09 AM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Girl on a beach

No gripes on the photography - all is looking good in this shot.

Just wondering - who wears long pants to the beach?

Jul 17, 2015 at 11:14 AM
Miker2
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Girl on a beach

...well all beaches are not created equal....this is on the Salmon River in Idaho....we jet boated 20 miles down into the canyon beyond where pretty much anybody goes. It is a rough trip with major rapids and rocks that have to be dodged. The canyon walls are all rock with little tiny beaches here and there....so this is her travel attire. She did change into a bikini after this.

Jul 17, 2015 at 11:26 AM
film_4ever
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Girl on a beach

Beautiful model. Great B & W conversion.

Not thrilled about the beach location you chose. I've mentioned this in some of your previous images. IMHO, you seem to not pay close attention to some of background clutter in your images.
For example in this image, the stick on the RHS of the image, whatever the dark spot is on the LHS. What is that big pile of "elephant poop" looking stuff above her head??

I'm sorry but just because she's a gorgeous model, with attractive lighting, doesn't mean you don't need to pay attention to the smaller details of the image. I would recommend trying to clean some of these items up in post since the image has already been taken.

Thanks for posting your work. I always enjoy seeing your images. (Just because I provide criticism to your work doesn't mean I think it is a poor image.)

Jul 17, 2015 at 01:55 PM
Miker2
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Girl on a beach

hi film 4 ever.
No worries critique away...I very seldom "clean up" images. I think all that stuff adds depth character and energy to the image. Unless something looks obviously out of place, like if there was a candy bar wrapper or something in it.

the poop is black lava rock...idaho is covered with it

Jul 17, 2015 at 03:09 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.