Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Boxing lens advice.

Jay_Be
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Boxing lens advice.

I have a boxing night to shoot in a couple of weeks and I'm after advice re suitable lens choice. I boxed as a teen and know it well but have not shot it previously. I have a 135f2L, 70-200f2.8LIS11, 35mm & 50mm F1.4 Art to choose from and use on two 5d3 bodies. Would I be correct in assuming the 70-200 plus the 35 Art would be the best bet? Lighting should be 'ok'. Thanks for your time.

Jul 15, 2015 at 01:48 AM
Matt.burn
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Boxing lens advice.

Assuming you're ringside, a 70-200 for sure. I use a 24-70 f/2.8L II on my second body when I'm shooting fights. That lens gives me just little more versatility over a 35mm prime.

Edit: I know you didn't mention it, so my suggestion is to rent the 24-70 specifically for the fight card.

Jul 15, 2015 at 02:25 AM
Jay_Be
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Boxing lens advice.

Matt.burn wrote:
Assuming you're ringside, a 70-200 for sure. I use a 24-70 f/2.8L II on my second body when I'm shooting fights. That lens gives me just little more versatility over a 35mm prime.

Edit: I know you didn't mention it, so my suggestion is to rent the 24-70 specifically for the fight card.

Yes, ringside. A loaned 24-70 is an option I have given some thought to and may have available to me. Thanks for the advice, Matt.

Jul 15, 2015 at 08:47 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.