New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · How can I tell if my D610 is in standby

Kisutch
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · How can I tell if my D610 is in standby

Fairly new to Nikon bodies. Can someone tell me what the top LCD screen on my D610 should show when the camera transitions into standby? Trying to make sure standby is working cause the camera ran out of power much sooner than expected on a recent remote photo project. I have the timer set to 4s. After 4s the top LCD still displays more info. than it does when I switch the power off--assume this is normal but wanted to check.

Thanks for the help.

Jul 14, 2015 at 10:28 AM
snapsy
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · How can I tell if my D610 is in standby

The standby timer controls the metering and metering display - you'll still see other information on the LCD even after that timer expires. The camera will go into deep sleep mode some time after that - I don't recall how long that is but I don't think the time is configurable.

Jul 14, 2015 at 10:44 AM
CanadaMark
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · How can I tell if my D610 is in standby

The top LCD still displays information when the camera is in "standby" (meter not active), and if the meter is inactive this information will not change without inputs. When the camera is switched off, you will just see your remaining amount of available images on the top LCD. You can "wake up" the camera/meter from standby mode with button presses, but not obviously if it's switched off completely. Other than that the two states aren't a whole lot different.

Just make sure custom setting C2 "Standby Timer" (aka: meter timer) isn't set to "no limit". People forget to turn their cameras off all the time, and they will last for weeks in storage without the battery dying. If your camera is dying very quickly while not in use and with the meter inactive, something else is going on.

Jul 14, 2015 at 10:53 AM
binary visions
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · How can I tell if my D610 is in standby

If you really want to know when the camera is in standby, peek into the viewfinder. Your exposure information disappears when the meter shuts off.

Jul 14, 2015 at 03:54 PM
nuclearjock
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · How can I tell if my D610 is in standby

Might want to carry a spare battery.

Jul 14, 2015 at 04:14 PM
Kisutch
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · How can I tell if my D610 is in standby

Thanks a ton for the input!

Jul 14, 2015 at 04:18 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.