Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Canon "compatible" in cartridges?

SwampYankee

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon "compatible" in cartridges?

Greetings, So I have to order some ink cartridges for a Pixima pro-1. Canon charges $35 and "compatible=ble" cartridges are $17. It's a good printer but my prints are not going on a gallery wall. Big difference, little difference, no difference?
BTW, here is a link: http://2inks.com/canon/pixma/pro-1/premium-canon-pgi-29dgy-compatible-dark-gray-ink-cartridge.html?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cse&gclid=Cj0KEQjw_YKtBRC7zZjFp8bF_foBEiQAfyigc_JpB58fD2fjgalBClgGO6fUALWWDARUFFMnyS5uhMEaAu9s8P8HAQ

Jul 11, 2015 at 01:35 PM
bboule
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon "compatible" in cartridges?

I haven't tried them, and I have a Pro-100, not a Pro-1... but your main issue here is you're going to need to color calibrate everything yourself.

- If you use the Canon Ink + Canon Paper you have all the profiles.

- Canon Ink + 3rd party paper the paper manufacturer probably supplies the profiles (they'll be OK, but probably not as good as Canon ones or ones you make yourself)

- 3rd party Ink + 3rd party paper you're probably on your own and need to make your own profiles.

So figure out how much Canon Ink you can buy for what it will cost to buy a printer calibrator + your time to make calibrations.

I have a Colormunki Photo.. I don't trust it a whole lot for custom paper profiles personally.. I'd want something better than that. (currently $460 at amazon)

Jul 14, 2015 at 04:11 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.