New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · from the weekend

danlona
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · from the weekend

From this weekend. CC is welcome as always.

Danny

Jul 09, 2015 at 11:42 PM
Puffin Runner
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · from the weekend

Hi Danny,

I like your concept and location choice, giving natural leading lines and a vanishing point. The slightly-washed out processing contributes to the mood I believe you were attempting to establish.

A few nit-picks:

The blur in the front is oddly distracting, at least for me. I don't know if it's from your DOF / aperture selection or you applied a blur in post-processing, but if I had to guess I'd say it's a post-processing job. IF that's the case, I would suggest easing up just a bit, but that's simply my preference.

The strong light background on the upper right of the image competes for the viewer's attention, and it interrupts the leading lines that are trying to make this a powerful image. A slightly different composition (rotated counterclockwise when viewed from the top, for example) would totally change the focus in a good way, I believe.

Finally, I don't know if this was on purpose or not, but your subject's hair is getting a bit "moody" too. I would suggest smoothing at least some of those fly-away hairs out, but once again that's my personal preference.

Jul 10, 2015 at 07:04 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.