FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Schwabacher's Landing Part 2

JimKied
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Schwabacher's Landing Part 2

Due to airline issues, we did not actually make it to Jackson, WY until the day after we planned to get there. We landed around 11 AM. I wanted to go and check out some places before we checked into the hotel so I could get the lay of the land. This was a 7 image vertical stitch I took at Schwabacher's Landing the day before the images I posted earlier. By this time it was closer to noon and the sun was definitely blazing. I probably could have done with fewer images, but I took them handheld and was pretty much guessing at what I had captured in each image. So hear is a (very) bright shot of this often photographed area. The ripples in the water were caused by ducks.

Appreciate your thoughts. It is how I learn.

Jul 09, 2015 at 03:14 PM
tjny
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Schwabacher's Landing Part 2

Very nice panoramic image, still has some snow on the peaks. I am glad that you posted it large to show details.

Jul 09, 2015 at 07:08 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Schwabacher's Landing Part 2

Very well done Jim. It amazes me how much snow has melted off the Teton Glacier since I was last there 20 years ago.

Morris

Jul 09, 2015 at 07:42 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Schwabacher's Landing Part 2

Hey Jim,

A very nice shot here, I really like the snow still on the peaks, that is a great touch to the shot.

Jim

Jul 09, 2015 at 11:35 PM
Frogfish
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Schwabacher's Landing Part 2

Hey Jim, lovely pano, a little more work on it and you'll nail this.

However there are clear signs of your PP here - look all along the tree-line, all sorts of colours from adjustments made to the mountains that have spilled over from your brush into the trees. The reflection is also a different colour - that could be the water but it may also be the original colour of the mountains.

Jul 10, 2015 at 10:13 AM
JimKied
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Schwabacher's Landing Part 2

Frogfish - you are so right. I can't see them on my psd file or even on the jpg file I used to upload to the site. But they certainly show here. I'll definitely be reworking this.

THANKS! I learned from this. Look at the file once it is uploaded. Very simple.

Jul 10, 2015 at 02:59 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.