New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Tamron 150-600mm (FW updated) + 7D pics & experience

Hask2

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Tamron 150-600mm (FW updated) + 7D pics & experience

I see the Sigma 150-600mm C gets quite the attention here, but I'd thought I'd make a thread about the Tamron

So, the other day I had my Tamron 150-600mm updated with the latest firmware-update, which includes the panning update.

I went with the car to the service-center which was a 1.5 hour car-trip (which is very far for someone in the Netherlands).
The whole update procedure itself only took 10 minutes or so.

Afterwards, my experience is that it works really well and focus is accurate with 0 MFA.

I have also noticed that the image stabilizer is noticably better, i.e. I don't experience the snap-in stabilizing in the viewfinder which it was prone to do before.
I haven't done many panning shots yet, however, I do have much more faith in the stabilizer system when moving slightly. I used to turn it off, but I haven't done that it since the update.

Here are some shots from since I've updated it, all with the Canon 7D and edited in Lightroom. Some are pretty heavy crops too.

Juvenile Black Headed Gull - HSK_9252

Juvenile Black Headed Gull - HSK_9237

Black Headed Gull - HSK_9292

In the shade:
Eurasian Blackbird - HSK_9559

Eurasian Jackdaw - HSK_9171

Eurasian Jackdaw - HSK_9146

House Sparrow - HSK_8836

Autofocus seems accurate, also in highly-distracting situations:
House Sparrow - HSK_8899

House Sparrow - HSK_9687

House Sparrow - HSK_9531

I realize I'm no pro-photographyer and these aren't the most exotic birds, but constructive feedback is definitely welcome. It still is hard to handle the thin DoF, even when shooting at slower apertures.

There are some more pictures, all in 1920px largest-side, on the album on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/17316292@N00/sets/72157655598575415

Thanks for looking!

Edited on Jul 10, 2015 at 12:42 AM · View previous versions

Jul 09, 2015 at 11:48 AM
guyed1

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Tamron 150-600mm (FW updated) + 7D pics & experience

Had the Tamron for about a year and while I got many excellent shots they were few and far between, mostly at F8 - F10 in good light. These look really good, looks like they have made some improvements.
Guy

Jul 09, 2015 at 06:34 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.