FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · 5 from my recent trip to the Tetons

capnsteve19
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 5 from my recent trip to the Tetons

Recently I Spent a couple weeks in Grand Teton, Glacier and Rocky Mountain NP, here are a few from the Tetons

1. Jackson lake at sunset
Teton-Glacier-RMNP-3817-HDR by Steve Loop, on Flickr
Teton-Glacier-RMNP-3331 by Steve Loop, on Flickr
Teton-Glacier-RMNP-3326 by Steve Loop, on Flickr
Teton-Glacier-RMNP-1847 by Steve Loop, on Flickr
Teton-Glacier-RMNP-0883 by Steve Loop, on Flickr

Cheers
Steve

Jul 08, 2015 at 09:11 PM
Frogfish
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 5 from my recent trip to the Tetons

#1 I feel could do with a longer exposure to smooth the water more. Nice shot though.
#2 doesn't work for me because of the timber at the bottom which is very distracting, especially at that angle. I'd crop that off and straighten the horizon, then I see a really interesting shot.
#3 is my favourite - I really like this one though maybe bring the shadows out a bit more as I'm struggling to see the fence and whatever that is in the distance ? YMMV.
#5 is lovely, the geese make the amount of water shown relevant. But the clarity of the mountains and the low level cloud give it impact.

Jul 08, 2015 at 11:15 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 5 from my recent trip to the Tetons

I like the first. 2 and 3 are obscured by the bright sun. The 4th is a beauty and I'm fond of the last Steve.

Morris

Jul 09, 2015 at 07:36 AM
capnsteve19
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 5 from my recent trip to the Tetons

Frogfish wrote:
#1 I feel could do with a longer exposure to smooth the water more. Nice shot though.
#2 doesn't work for me because of the timber at the bottom which is very distracting, especially at that angle. I'd crop that off and straighten the horizon, then I see a really interesting shot.
#3 is my favourite - I really like this one though maybe bring the shadows out a bit more as I'm struggling to see the fence and whatever that is in the distance ? YMMV.
#5 is lovely, the geese make the amount of water shown relevant. But the clarity
...Show more

Thanks Frogfish for the CC

#1 On 1 yeah I thought that at the time with the only 8 seconds, thought that might have been enough to smooth it, should have slapped on the 9 stopper had only a 3 stop ND this shot.
#2 is a single shot, the horizon is actually level well according to 5dIII internal leveling feature, I use it all the time but yeah many angles in this shot to take your eye's all over to think its not, I also did several shots inside this barn with focus stacking and the whole window frame framing the shot but my photoshop CC is not working right now and I can't PP yet, working on those.
yeah on #3
and Yeah on #5 that was hand held I believe, loved how the peak of sunrise shined through just on the mountains, the rest of the morning was a dud cept for this brief moment.

And thanks a bunch Morris

Jul 09, 2015 at 10:23 AM
lighthound
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 5 from my recent trip to the Tetons

#5 for me! What amazing light and fog you captured. It could stand to be a little sharper on the mountains but for an image like this with the fog I don't feel that it's that critical.

Nice shooting!

Dave

Jul 09, 2015 at 03:06 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 5 from my recent trip to the Tetons

Hey Steve,

Very nice work here. #1 is my favorite by a huge margin. #5 is second for me, and #3 if you brightened up the ground portion would be much better.

Jim

Jul 09, 2015 at 05:36 PM
phoenix7gtm
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 5 from my recent trip to the Tetons

I see some lens flare in 2 & 3, but they don't significantly detract from the image in my view. 1, 4 & 5 are a delight to behold, with 4 taking the honors. Well done indeed.

Jul 09, 2015 at 05:45 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.