Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Any news on 5DSR shipping?

Konablue
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Any news on 5DSR shipping?

I'm still waiting for my 5DSR to come in to my my local store who ordered it for me. It must be on a slow boat from China (after being made in Japan of course). Is it true that Canon places a low priority for the small business camera stores and place them way behind the big internet outlets. Especially when it comes to sending them new releases and giving them a low profit margin on the lineup on 'L' lenses. This makes it harder for the local camera shop to compete with the big online retailers. Or is all this just a perception?

I like to support my local shop since they take care of me when and where they can. But it's not easy sometimes.

Jul 07, 2015 at 06:25 AM
molson
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Any news on 5DSR shipping?

Konablue wrote:
Is it true that Canon places a low priority for the small business camera stores and place them way behind the big internet outlets.

No, it's not true... much to the chagrin of the big internet outlets.

I called around and found a local store that had one in stock on the very first day of availability (and they even gave me a $175 discount off of what every other store was selling it for).

Jul 07, 2015 at 09:52 AM
Jeffrey
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Any news on 5DSR shipping?

A stroke of luck for you Molson. I ordered one from my local shop, a large dealer/chain in so. CA, and am still waiting.

Jul 07, 2015 at 10:46 AM
aeubank
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Any news on 5DSR shipping?

It looks to be in stock at Adorama: http://www.adorama.com/l/Cameras/Canon~Digital-SLR-Cameras?sel=Model_Canon-5DS-R&sf=Price&term=5dsr

Jul 07, 2015 at 11:41 AM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Any news on 5DSR shipping?

Jeffrey wrote:
A stroke of luck for you Molson. I ordered one from my local shop, a large dealer/chain in so. CA, and am still waiting.

I actually had another store offer me a camera the same day, but they wanted full price for it so I passed it up... maybe I should have bought it and flipped it for a quick profit.

Jul 07, 2015 at 04:42 PM
Konablue
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Any news on 5DSR shipping?

aeubank wrote:
It looks to be in stock at Adorama: http://www.adorama.com/l/Cameras/Canon~Digital-SLR-Cameras?sel=Model_Canon-5DS-R&sf=Price&term=5dsr

Actually, it is Not in stock at Adorama. If you click on the "Check Availability" link just under the Buy It Now button, it will show that it is still Backordered.

Jul 07, 2015 at 06:10 PM
Konablue
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Any news on 5DSR shipping?

molson wrote:
I actually had another store offer me a camera the same day, but they wanted full price for it so I passed it up... maybe I should have bought it and flipped it for a quick profit.

Some people actually do that. They pre-order a new release with the intent of selling it online at a small profit while it's still hot and hard to find.

Jul 07, 2015 at 06:18 PM
Jeffrey
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Any news on 5DSR shipping?

Would you pay more than MSRP for one?

Jul 07, 2015 at 06:40 PM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Any news on 5DSR shipping?

Per the Account Executive for Canon working with my vendor...there is a 30 day backlog as of today.

Jul 07, 2015 at 06:46 PM
Konablue
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Any news on 5DSR shipping?

Jeffrey wrote:
Would you pay more than MSRP for one?
Nope, I'm not that desperate, But, I'm sure some people would. Here's one option to pay over $5220.00+ for a 5DSR. Probably Gray or Black Market though.

Overpriced 5DSR on eBarf (Grey Market ?)

Car dealers are notorious for adding their own in-store mark-up to popular newly released car models or special editions that trickle onto the show room floor.

Jul 07, 2015 at 10:41 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Any news on 5DSR shipping?

Sunny Sra wrote:
Per the Account Executive for Canon working with my vendor...there is a 30 day backlog as of today.

Meanwhile the 5Ds is in stock.

EBH

Jul 07, 2015 at 10:47 PM
Konablue
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Any news on 5DSR shipping?

I don't see any valid reason for the 5DSR to be so far behind the 5DS. Every single component between these two cameras is identical with the exception of the AA counter-filter and an "R" painted on the body. The release delay has to be a management business decision rather than parts availability. I don't know Canon intends to gain by intentionally delaying the release. If anything they are probably losing out on sales.

Jul 08, 2015 at 06:44 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.