Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2015 · Old Car City: Film Images added!

treebeard
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Old Car City: Film Images added!

#1 is my favorite but they are really great....TFS

-Tree

Jul 18, 2015 at 09:22 PM
Doug C
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Old Car City: Film Images added!

I didn't read the scanned local news story, but here is a link from NBC news. So Old Car City has gotten national press.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/classic-cars-collection-overrun-weeds-tourists-n393766

Jul 19, 2015 at 11:37 PM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Old Car City: Film Images added!

treebeard wrote:
#1 is my favorite but they are really great....TFS

-Tree

Thank you! #1 really did have a lot of good stuff going on in it. The rain really made a huge difference.
---------------------------------------------

Doug C wrote:
I didn't read the scanned local news story, but here is a link from NBC news. So Old Car City has gotten national press.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/classic-cars-collection-overrun-weeds-tourists-n393766

That is the same article that Dan posted the scans of, it was also run on ESPN's website, another friend let me know about it there. Seems the guy that wrote it put it out to a lot of places, and each publication has some different parts of the article, and others parts that are the same.

Jul 20, 2015 at 05:45 AM
Doug C
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Old Car City: Film Images added!

Yeah, that's what I thought when I first saw it. Some similarities in print and photos, but possibly enough differences to make it worth mentioning. Plus it shows that the 'City' isn't merely a local interest.

Jul 20, 2015 at 02:23 PM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Old Car City: Film Images added!

Doug C wrote:
Yeah, that's what I thought when I first saw it. Some similarities in print and photos, but possibly enough differences to make it worth mentioning. Plus it shows that the 'City' isn't merely a local interest.

yep, it has a draw to it that I was not aware of...I knew of it, but didn't realize anyone outside of these parts did...I saw a while back that Rick Sammon was doing a workshop split between Old Car City and the railway museum...and he was charging a pretty hefty price for it too...that was when it first got my attention that anyone else knew about it.

Jul 20, 2015 at 05:12 PM
pedpole
• •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Old Car City: Film Images added!

Neat series. You have some great captures.My favorite subjects are old cars and buildings. Would love to go there, but it is pretty far away from me.

Jul 22, 2015 at 09:20 PM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Old Car City: Film Images added!

pedpole wrote:
Neat series. You have some great captures.My favorite subjects are old cars and buildings. Would love to go there, but it is pretty far away from me.

Thanks for the kind comments. Your two favorite subjects sound pretty good to me...we have a lot of both here in GA.

I keep waiting for the film roll to come back from processing...I wish I had the means to develop and scan it myself...but I just don't have the space or the time...

Jul 23, 2015 at 06:11 AM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Old Car City: Film Images added!

Finally got the scans back from Indie Film Lab.

Just three of the 10...I liked these 3 for various reasons.

Film #1

Film #2

Film #3

Jul 24, 2015 at 07:56 PM
       end

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.