Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Is anyone receiving 5DsR since the first-round shipments?

danielz

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Is anyone receiving 5DsR since the first-round shipments?

I've seen very little said about any ongoing receipt of the 5DsR bodies. Is anyone that missed the first-shipments received one yet? My order was around 5-14 and haven't heard anything.

It looks like the 5Ds version is plentiful...

Jul 03, 2015 at 09:56 AM
dmcphoto
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Is anyone receiving 5DsR since the first-round shipments?

danielz wrote:
I've seen very little said about any ongoing receipt of the 5DsR bodies. Is anyone that missed the first-shipments received one yet? My order was around 5-14 and haven't heard anything.

It looks like the 5Ds version is plentiful...

I ordered a 5DSR from B&H on April 9 and received it last Thursday (6/2/2015). I know there was an initial shipment on June 14 or 15, and another one later in June before they got to my order. I hope that helps.

Jul 03, 2015 at 10:20 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Is anyone receiving 5DsR since the first-round shipments?

dmcphoto wrote:
I ordered a 5DSR from B&H on April 9 and received it last Thursday (6/2/2015). I know there was an initial shipment on June 14 or 15, and another one later in June before they got to my order. I hope that helps.

June 25 or

I'm thinking about getting a second body. I wonder when they will be freely available.

EBH

Jul 03, 2015 at 10:31 AM
darbo
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Is anyone receiving 5DsR since the first-round shipments?

Nobody seems to what the 5DS? I ordered one yesterday because I feel the difference is minimal, it is still 50 MP, it offers a degree of moire suppression, it is less expensive, and it is in stock.

But, now I have that queasy feeling. Did I just buy a camera with a crappy resale value since hardly anyone seems to want a 5DS?

Even if it is alarming for the reason I referenced, it is nonetheless interesting to me. Back in 2012, the D800E was regarded more of as a niche camera - I think most went for the low-pass filtered D800. Fast forward to today in a world where Nikon and Sony have both sloughed off the low pass filter entirely in their high resolution sensors and it now seems to be the accepted norm. Now that Canon finally has caught up and surpassed the resolution of the Sony sensors, it seems that most are now comfortable not having a low pass filter - even to the point of paying more to have a low-pass filter AND a low pass cancellation filter.

Canon probably blew it. They should have known this and learned from the ground already covered with the D800, D800E, and the D810.

Jul 03, 2015 at 11:34 AM
dmcphoto
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Is anyone receiving 5DsR since the first-round shipments?

EB-1 wrote:
June 25 or

I'm thinking about getting a second body. I wonder when they will be freely available.

EBH

Oops! Sorry, I meant 7/2/2015 -- yesterday.

Jul 03, 2015 at 02:47 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Is anyone receiving 5DsR since the first-round shipments?

darbo wrote:
Canon probably blew it. They should have known this and learned from the ground already covered with the D800, D800E, and the D810.

Maybe the Canon management could not come to an agreement so they decided on both.

EBH

Jul 03, 2015 at 03:09 PM
JameelH
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Is anyone receiving 5DsR since the first-round shipments?

I bought one from Canada Camera - they had in stock. Put in the order and 3 days later had it in hand.

Jul 03, 2015 at 06:56 PM
Ron Hu

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Is anyone receiving 5DsR since the first-round shipments?

Best Buy website didn't show anything in stock anywhere. But the Stores had one or two even. I picked mine up in Tukwilla, Wash.

Jul 03, 2015 at 07:11 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.