New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2015 · Canon 24-70 mounted to A7rii Auto focus video with new Metabones

StillFingerz
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · Canon 24-70 mounted to A7rii Auto focus video with new Metabones

EB-1 wrote:
The vibration with EOS adapted lenses (via Metastones) was noticeable by 100 mm and terrible by 400 mm. I tried the lens mount A-S plate, A-S bracket on the Metastones, and body mounted A-S bracket with varying degrees of vibration. It's nearly like using shutter speeds for hand held use and applying them to the tripod. The 24 TSE II and 24-70 were fine as the FL is short enough. Meanwhile 400mm at 1/40th was dead sharp on the 5D I||I taken on the same tripod. The A7r was a serious blur in comparison.

It will be better if you
...Show more

EBH, as you no doubt guessed it's the 200mm mac that is used a ton, my fave at least, and it is usually mounted via table-top clamp, it's geared and helps a great deal. I've a smallish studio in my garage and I do use flash and I use a combo of reg. speedlites and the MT-24 twin-lite with diffusers n such.

I'd first be experimenting with my old FD glass and am thinking even the a7 and it's 24mp's would be just fine, not that the a7R's wouldn't be sweeter, but the price might be lower; my highest MP body is a 7D, still no FF yet...

I'm not contemplating using any EF or EF-S glass just yet, but if I were I'd probably look at the vII bodies and use them hand-held as well...but that's a big if

BTW, I'm using EdMika's .5mm brass FD-to-EF adapter ring with great success on my EOS bodies; I don't need infinity focus for my close-up/macro imaging, but wouldn't mind seeing how EXMOR handles the old glass...

Edited on Jul 04, 2015 at 09:01 PM · View previous versions

Jul 04, 2015 at 08:47 PM
mttran
• • • • •
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · Canon 24-70 mounted to A7rii Auto focus video with new Metabones

EB-1 wrote:
Do you have a prototype A7r II to test or is that just some wishful thinking?
I was burned by the poor design of the A7r, so I'm not blindly rushing in to the II until there are some critical user experiences with the AF speed/VF quality & lag/shutter vibration.

EBH

solely in engineering thinking and what Sony Kimio Maki said in this interview: http://tinyurl.com/ogtd6tc

Jul 04, 2015 at 08:54 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · Canon 24-70 mounted to A7rii Auto focus video with new Metabones

Flash solves many problems.

EBH

Jul 04, 2015 at 08:55 PM
mttran
• • • • •
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · Canon 24-70 mounted to A7rii Auto focus video with new Metabones

Use rubber band tricks as vibration dampener. This always work well for most system. I don't use tripod and I have not experienced on any A7R vibration types for all my lenses (less than 135mm)

Edited on Jul 04, 2015 at 09:10 PM · View previous versions

Jul 04, 2015 at 09:03 PM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · Canon 24-70 mounted to A7rii Auto focus video with new Metabones

EB-1 wrote:
Flash solves many problems.

EBH

I'll check out Sony's flash system, thanks for the reminder, I'd guess my Canon flash are a no-go?

Jul 04, 2015 at 09:09 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.4 #6 · p.4 #6 · Canon 24-70 mounted to A7rii Auto focus video with new Metabones

mttran wrote:
Use rubber band tricks as vibration dampener. This always work well for most system. I don't use tripod and I have not experienced on any A7R vibration types for all my lenses (less than 135mm)

Well of course hand shake is equal or more than the shutter vibration, but that doesn't allow much stability compared to a normal camera on a tripod. At 135mm I'd expect to reach 1/15th on a tripod or 1/30th with IS, neither of which matter if the subject is moving.

EBH

Jul 04, 2015 at 09:19 PM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.