New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Watermark Help

andre2112
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Watermark Help

I recently exported some jpegs and added my usual watermark using the export dialog in LR5. The photos were then shared to several people who then posted them to Facebook. Everyone that posted using an iphone has the watermark in the photos, but two people that used android phones do not. The photos have the same crop dimensions and look identical just no watermark. Not sure how this is possible, but it would seem that the android phone just removed it from the photo. Any ideas?

Jun 30, 2015 at 08:21 AM
OntheRez
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Watermark Help

Somethings not right here. If the watermark is embedded in the file as it should be as you described, then removing it would require cropping or doing arcane things inside the file. I'm not familiar with the Android system, but just can't believe they would deliberately muck with a copyright mark. In fact it would be quite a challenge for iOS or Android to do this as they pride themselves on quick acquisition of pix. Did you do two exports? If not, then you'll have to do some research into the Android OS as I haven't any expertise there.

robert

Jun 30, 2015 at 09:04 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.