New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Photoshop CC update failure

ben egbert
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Photoshop CC update failure

I got a message that creative cloud was updated. I did the update followed by an update for Bridge and Photoshop. When I attempt to use it I first got a message that I needed the latest version of ACR. But later I got messages that both Bridge and Photoshop updates failed, try a new download.

Before I figure out where to get a new download, has anyone else had this issue? The CC update was today, June 28.

Jun 28, 2015 at 03:55 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Photoshop CC update failure

Ok, got er fixed. It appears that the update failed to install the latest ACR. It would open 5d3 files, but not 5dr-s.

After getting my password reset to an impossible to remember format I found a way to manually upload the latest ACR and install it, now everything seems to be working.

Jun 28, 2015 at 04:47 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Photoshop CC update failure

Well it is partially fixed, I can get into a file and open it, but all my plug-ins are lost and the CC updater still shows Bridge and Photoshop "update failed" the help said to re-download the application manager which I did, but it still happens.

I had also manually downloaded and installed Bridge. I will try to manually download Photoshop. I have also rebooted, and I had all Adobe apps closed during the installs.

I think they had a bad rollout, I suggest holding off on any CC updates.

Jun 28, 2015 at 05:16 PM
Dustin Gent
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Photoshop CC update failure

i still haven't updated CCyet. I heard that the Nik suite wasn't working correctly.

Jun 28, 2015 at 05:24 PM
Dustin Gent
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Photoshop CC update failure

I finally did the CC subscription when they bundled Lightroom CC with PS. $10 a month - 2 coffees a month at Starbucks or whatnot.

Jun 28, 2015 at 05:29 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Photoshop CC update failure

Dustin Gent wrote:
i still haven't updated CCyet. I heard that the Nik suite wasn't working correctly.

I was just getting ready to try Nik when I had this problem. Could not open a file at all until I updated ACR. But it lost all my plug-ins. As I recall during the initial installation it found all my actions and plug-ins. My actions are there as well as camera profile, but the plug-ins are lost.

There are at least a dozen places where the plug -ins could be and where they need to be. But the update failed message tells me something is wrong.

Jun 28, 2015 at 05:31 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Photoshop CC update failure

Dustin Gent wrote:
I finally did the CC subscription when they bundled Lightroom CC with PS. $10 a month - 2 coffees a month at Starbucks or whatnot.

Yep, I went to CC about 2-3 months back. I have done at least one update because it was handling 5DS-R files ok.

Jun 28, 2015 at 05:33 PM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Photoshop CC update failure

for Nik to work, just copy the plugins folder from your old photoshop to the CC folder.

here's the thread on that
https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1370927/0?keyword=nik#13062364

Jun 28, 2015 at 05:34 PM
Mr Mouse
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Photoshop CC update failure

On my Workstation I have installed Creative Cloud Photoshop version CS6 32bit&64bit version 13.1.2, CC 32bit&64bit version 14.2.1, CC 2014 64bit version 15.2.2 and CC 2015 64bit version 16.0.0. You need to becareful when you install CC 2015 by default the installer will renove prior version of Photoshop. You do not want to let it do that so use the advance option and un-chect the default check to remover prior versions. There are differences between CS6, CC, CC 2014 and CC 2015. Do not remove any version of Photoshop till to you are absolutly sure you will never need to use what it can do that other version can not do.

On my Surface Pro 3 I have Windows 10, CC 2014 and CC 2015 installed and only the 64bit versions of them.

Jun 28, 2015 at 06:03 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Photoshop CC update failure

Sunny Sra wrote:
for Nik to work, just copy the plugins folder from your old photoshop to the CC folder.

here's the thread on that
https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1370927/0?keyword=nik#13062364

Thanks that got Topaz running. I missed NIK, forgot it is no under Google. Need to restart Photoshop to see it though.

I suspect I still have error messages on CC. I wonder if that's because the versions have been uninstalled?

I still have non Cloud CS6 and it seems to work. But of course all my recent actions are missing.

Jun 28, 2015 at 07:02 PM
jancohen
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Photoshop CC update failure

ben egbert wrote:
Thanks that got Topaz running. I missed NIK, forgot it is no under Google. Need to restart Photoshop to see it though.

I suspect I still have error messages on CC. I wonder if that's because the versions have been uninstalled?

I still have non Cloud CS6 and it seems to work. But of course all my recent actions are missing.

That's the thread I started (I subscribe to the the full CC package). CC 2015 apps get written to a new location because of the way Adobe is currently handling their product naming conventions (e.g., Photoshop CC vs. Photoshop CC 2015).

You can try the copy and paste routine with your plugins/presets, but if you're using Windows and using addons that get written into the registry, you might experience issues with those specific addons at some point.

What worked best for me was a fresh installation of (e.g.) Photoshop CC 2015, and reinstalling the plugins/presets (on1 and Nik) I use after ensuring they were uninstalled via the Control Panel > Programs & Features panel. Your setup might be different from mine though, so ymmv if do what I did.

One other thing: if you're using older versions of plugins, there's no guaranty of course that they'll work with the latest version of Photoshop. Best thing to do is check with such plugin developers to determine if their product will work with CC 2015.

What Mr Mouse stated above might also be a good idea, keeping your older versions of the app until you know for sure everything works with the new version.

Jun 28, 2015 at 07:27 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Photoshop CC update failure

Ok, I got Topaz and NIK working and I am pretty sure that Adobe Bridge CC and Photoshop CC (2015) uploaded even though the CC application says that these uploads failed.

When I open Photoshop I get a new logo. It seems to run ok, the update failed is a mystery.

I still have CS6 and have used it after this fiasco so it still works.

Jun 28, 2015 at 07:42 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Photoshop CC update failure

Mr Mouse wrote:
On my Workstation I have installed Creative Cloud Photoshop version CS6 32bit&64bit version 13.1.2, CC 32bit&64bit version 14.2.1, CC 2014 64bit version 15.2.2 and CC 2015 64bit version 16.0.0. You need to becareful when you install CC 2015 by default the installer will renove prior version of Photoshop. You do not want to let it do that so use the advance option and un-chect the default check to remover prior versions. There are differences between CS6, CC, CC 2014 and CC 2015. Do not remove any version of Photoshop till to you are absolutly sure you will never need
...Show more

All works now but CC applications still shows upload failed even thought it appears not to have failed. I have downloaded and re-installed this three times.

Jun 28, 2015 at 07:43 PM
jancohen
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Photoshop CC update failure

Could be you might need to uninstall the reinstall the Creative Cloud app itself, but you might want to touch base with Adobe Support before doing so. If you haven't done so yet, you could also try restarting your computer to see if the problem clears up.

Jun 28, 2015 at 07:54 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Photoshop CC update failure

jancohen wrote:
Could be you might need to uninstall the reinstall the Creative Cloud app itself, but you might want to touch base with Adobe Support before doing so. If you haven't done so yet, you could also try restarting your computer to see if the problem clears up.

Yep, they rolled this out on a Sunday when the phones are not available. I may call tomorrow. I have rebooted, but have not done an uninstall on the app itself. Guess that is fairly easy. I am hoping they realize that they rolled out a stinker and will not only fix it but send us notices on what to do. It is probably a big one so I expect it will take some time to fix.

Jun 28, 2015 at 08:31 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Photoshop CC update failure

Ok, I had a new update notice today, a new CC application manager popped up without any error messages. As soon as I tried to update Bridge and Photoshop 2015 cc, I got the update failed message.

Photoshop is working and I have my plug-ins but I get a message that one plug-in is not available.

I also get a drive not available message in Bridge which I attribute to the drive controller lagging behind the program.

Had vehicle issues today so did not have time to call Adobe. Maybe tomorrow.

Jun 29, 2015 at 07:11 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Photoshop CC update failure

Fixed now. I followed the "more info: tab into the Adobe help pages several pages deep and entered the error code. It says there is a file size mismatch, wait and try again later.

I did several times and eventually both worked.

Jun 30, 2015 at 09:42 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.