Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Tamron issues 'Lens' service advisory, when used with Canon 5DS, 5DsR

StillFingerz
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Tamron issues 'Lens' service advisory, when used with Canon 5DS, 5DsR

The 150-600 is in the list along with several others, including an ultra-wide...

http://www.imaging-resource.com/news/2015/06/27/tamron-issues-service-advisory-for-lenses-used-on-canon-5ds-5dsr-cameras

Edited on Jun 30, 2015 at 12:41 PM · View previous versions

Jun 28, 2015 at 10:45 AM
molson
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Tamron issues 'Lens' service advisory, when used with Canon 5DS, 5DsR

Jerry, the title of your thread is misleading... just to be clear, the service advisory is for Tamron lenses, not for Canon 5DS or 5DSR cameras.

Jun 30, 2015 at 10:33 AM
diverhank
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Tamron issues 'Lens' service advisory, when used with Canon 5DS, 5DsR

I'm glad I delayed sending my tamron 150_600 in for the VC fix. Now it can have this fix done as well. Who knows what will be next...

Jun 30, 2015 at 12:22 PM
dmcphoto
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Tamron issues 'Lens' service advisory, when used with Canon 5DS, 5DsR

molson wrote:
Jerry, the title of your thread is misleading... just to be clear, the service advisory is for Tamron lenses, not for Canon 5DS or 5DSR cameras.

This had my heart beating a little faster until I realized the 5DS and 5DSR have no problem.

Jun 30, 2015 at 12:25 PM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Tamron issues 'Lens' service advisory, when used with Canon 5DS, 5DsR

molson wrote:

Noted and changed title, hope this is more specific

Jun 30, 2015 at 12:42 PM
johnctharp
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Tamron issues 'Lens' service advisory, when used with Canon 5DS, 5DsR

diverhank wrote:
I'm glad I delayed sending my tamron 150_600 in for the VC fix. Now it can have this fix done as well. Who knows what will be next...

I believe this has to do with issues that affect focusing during Live View, which have been seen on the new T6x Rebels and the EOS-M3 as well. I'm not sure if they've seen similar issues on DPAF-equipped cameras yet though.

Jun 30, 2015 at 02:50 PM
Kevin Giannini

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Tamron issues 'Lens' service advisory, when used with Canon 5DS, 5DsR

diverhank wrote:

According to Tamron, the update to the 150-600 for the 5Ds is INCLUDED with the VC firmware update.
Regards,
Kevin

Jul 01, 2015 at 10:36 AM
Kevin Giannini

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Tamron issues 'Lens' service advisory, when used with Canon 5DS, 5DsR

Kevin Giannini wrote:
According to Tamron, the update to the 150-600 for the 5Ds is INCLUDED with the VC firmware update.
Regards,
Kevin

Actually what is said on their site is a little confusing. For me anyway. :-) Here is their quote: "Firmware update service is already available as this is the same case when EOS Rebel T6s and the EOS Rebel T6i were released. Also, Model A011 with the latest firmware for panning shot treatment is compatible and functions properly with these new cameras."

I guess the panning function works properly with the new cameras, but apparently not the NEW function (live view) which the June firmware update addresses.
Sorry for the confusion.
Kevin

Jul 01, 2015 at 10:43 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.