Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Lightroom 6 standalone to CC?

schlotz
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lightroom 6 standalone to CC?

At some point down the road (my guess next year) I'll want to upgrade LR6 standalone to CC, how is that done?

Jun 27, 2015 at 07:49 AM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lightroom 6 standalone to CC?

you'll just have to start a CC subscription ($9.99 for PS & LR CC) . there is no 'upgrade' option .

it doesn't matter if you've never been an Adobe customer before or have had all the software for years you both still pay the same price .
thats the downside to CC subscription . you would still have the LR6 licence as well .

if you paid the UPGRADE price for LR6 and change to the CC plan on the 10th month of owning LR6 you would be at the break even point (i.e. you would have paid the same cost had you gone to LR CC at the start) any point beyond that you would be in profit plus you would still have that LR6 licence

of course the above doesn't take into account that you would have had use of PS CC as well which could be a big pull if you've not had any PS before

Jun 27, 2015 at 09:25 AM
schlotz
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lightroom 6 standalone to CC?

Kind of the line I was thinking Ian. Current have CS6 as well, but at some point there will be enough improvements that will push me over the the CC model. If I understand you correctly, at that point I would just dload the CCversion, install it and start the subscription, correct?

Matt

Jun 27, 2015 at 10:22 AM
JPuckettPhoto
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Lightroom 6 standalone to CC?

schlotz wrote:
At some point down the road (my guess next year) I'll want to upgrade LR6 standalone to CC, how is that done?

I just recently did this. Bought the LR6 upgrade on launch day in April, just last week decided I wanted to get into Photoshop and got the $10/month photography CC subscription. Wasted money, I know. Oh well.

Before installing either LRCC or PSCC, I completely uninstalled LR6. Once LRCC was installed, it picked up my catalog and presets and everything with no fuss, no prompts, nothing. It doesn't delete any of your preferences and it's basically the same program, so it's 100% seamless.

Ian.Dobinson wrote:
if you paid the UPGRADE price for LR6 and change to the CC plan on the 10th month of owning LR6 you would be at the break even point (i.e. you would have paid the same cost had you gone to LR CC at the start) any point beyond that you would be in profit plus you would still have that LR6 licence

Eight months, actually, the LR6 upgrade is just $80.

Jun 27, 2015 at 10:36 AM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Lightroom 6 standalone to CC?

blurredvision wrote:
I just recently did this. Bought the LR6 upgrade on launch day in April, just last week decided I wanted to get into Photoshop and got the $10/month photography CC subscription. Wasted money, I know. Oh well.

Before installing either LRCC or PSCC, I completely uninstalled LR6. Once LRCC was installed, it picked up my catalog and presets and everything with no fuss, no prompts, nothing. It doesn't delete any of your preferences and it's basically the same program, so it's 100% seamless.

Eight months, actually, the LR6 upgrade is just $80.

OK I thought it was a 100 bucks . But then as Im in the UK I'm used to it being more .

sorry to hear you got sort of burned by buying LR6 and then deciding to go CC . I feel like in that sort a time Adobe should have some form of return (as your going to subscribe to CC ) . but then I guess thats what the 30 day trial is for .

anyway I guess you still have a legit licence for LR6 so you could either use it on another 2 machines or give it / sell it onto someone else .

Jun 27, 2015 at 02:48 PM
JPuckettPhoto
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Lightroom 6 standalone to CC?

Ian.Dobinson wrote:
OK I thought it was a 100 bucks . But then as Im in the UK I'm used to it being more .

sorry to hear you got sort of burned by buying LR6 and then deciding to go CC . I feel like in that sort a time Adobe should have some form of return (as your going to subscribe to CC ) . but then I guess thats what the 30 day trial is for .

anyway I guess you still have a legit licence for LR6 so you could either use it on another 2 machines or give
...Show more

I read all forums as if everybody lives in my same country, my apologies.

And I don't feel I got burned at all, I knew full well what I was doing and it's OK. I did engage Adobe support and they would have been willing to refund my $80 LR6 upgrade if it had been within 30 days, but it wasn't and so they didn't. Honestly, I'm one of the few people who really like the CC option because I always wanted Photoshop but never had the hundreds of dollars to purchase legit.

Jun 27, 2015 at 05:07 PM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Lightroom 6 standalone to CC?

blurredvision wrote:
I read all forums as if everybody lives in my same country, my apologies.

And I don't feel I got burned at all, I knew full well what I was doing and it's OK. I did engage Adobe support and they would have been willing to refund my $80 LR6 upgrade if it had been within 30 days, but it wasn't and so they didn't. Honestly, I'm one of the few people who really like the CC option because I always wanted Photoshop but never had the hundreds of dollars to purchase legit.

OK thats interesting that they would have refunded within 30 days .
liking the CC option over here as well

Jun 28, 2015 at 02:24 AM
Alan321
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Lightroom 6 standalone to CC?

Presumably you can transfer your Lr 6 licence to someone who is too poor to buy one or to pay the ongoing CC fee. They'll be forever stuck with Lr 6 until they pay some money but that is still better than having no photo editing and management software. They could do a lot worse than be stuck with Lr 6.

- Alan

Jun 28, 2015 at 04:17 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.