FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Storm approaching at sunset

morris
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Storm approaching at sunset

We had spent our afternoon hiking in Capitol Reef NP and returned to our room after dinner. Some amazing light came in our window so I looked out, and saw the storm approaching just as the sun was setting. I ran out of the room onto the sidewalk without thinking and realized I needed my camera. Now I realize I'm in my underwear and the door is locked so I knock on the door. A guy opens the door with a huge smile and I realize I'm one door over so I say oops, wrong door and push his door closed. Then I knock on our door, pull on some pants and grab my camera bag. I change to my 180mm and tell my wife it's stunning out. She steps out and sees the same and grabs her camera. We spent about 20 minutes in auw. This is my favorite image of the set.

The images was processed as daylight white balance and then multiple curves applied to bring out the different layers in the mountains and tones in the clouds.

060815DSC_4305 by Morris Altman, on Flickr

Comments and suggestions welcome,

Morris

Jun 26, 2015 at 09:18 PM
1bwana1
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Storm approaching at sunset

Fun story, and image. Thanks for posting.

Jun 26, 2015 at 09:39 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Storm approaching at sunset

I don't recognize the background here, but I stay at a motel in Torrey that has great views to the north from the balcony and have gotten neat sunrise shots there.

Jun 26, 2015 at 10:09 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Storm approaching at sunset

1bwana1 wrote:
Fun story, and image. Thanks for posting.

Thank you Steve,
It is my pleasure to share

---------------------------------------------

ben egbert wrote:
I don't recognize the background here, but I stay at a motel in Torrey that has great views to the north from the balcony and have gotten neat sunrise shots there.

Yes this is in Torrey on the hill and our room was facing south west and as you can see a very nice view this way as well.

Morris

Jun 28, 2015 at 10:13 AM
nugeny
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Storm approaching at sunset

did the oops guy join you for the shooting? funny!!!

Jun 28, 2015 at 10:24 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.