Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Anybody using keyboard covers with shortcuts?

mjm6
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Anybody using keyboard covers with shortcuts?

Thought I might get one as I am not really a keyboard shortcut power user... and I have a few questions.

I use both PS and LR, which (of course) have completely different shortcuts, so I would either have to get two and swap them out, or just one, and decide which one is more useful for my needs. Do these things just silicone-stick on the keys, or is there some adhesive involved? IOW, would swapping be viable?

Anyone look at the various offerings and compare on quality of fit or feel of the keys, etc.?

Thanks,

---Michael

Jun 25, 2015 at 12:55 PM
Chuck Eklund
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Anybody using keyboard covers with shortcuts?

I use the KB Covers cover for LR. Fit and feel is excellent. The shape keeps it in place very well. It would be easy to switch covers. I find the keyboard shortcuts very handy. I sometimes use PS, but have not purchased a cover for it. However, thinking about how easy it is to switch has me thinking about it.

Chuck

Jun 25, 2015 at 03:32 PM
mjm6
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Anybody using keyboard covers with shortcuts?

Chuck,

Thanks for that info...

The KB Covers is one of the brands I was looking at, and it has the LR cover, which some of the others do not.

There is another possible alternate for me. I have a wireless Apple keyboard and also a USB Apple keyboard. I haven't tried it, but I might be able to switch keyboards with one of each kind ready to be used, because I do often switch from LR to PS and back pretty quickly. Not sure how the iMac will respond with both connected at the same time.

I'll probably get one to start and see how I feel about it.

---Michael

Jun 25, 2015 at 03:38 PM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Anybody using keyboard covers with shortcuts?

mjm6 wrote:
Chuck,

There is another possible alternate for me. I have a wireless Apple keyboard and also a USB Apple keyboard. I haven't tried it, but I might be able to switch keyboards with one of each kind ready to be used, because I do often switch from LR to PS and back pretty quickly. Not sure how the iMac will respond with both connected at the same time.

Michael , you can have multiple input sources on the mac . I just paired my 2nd wireless keyboard (I have a 2nd I use on my iPad sometimes) and they both can function at the same time . as a test I could type on both at the same time . i.e. left hand on one and right hand on the other .

I've also had my wacom pen and touch that I can use as a tracked and the apple mouse in use at the same time (although trying to use both to move the pointer at the same time would be silly ) . the apple trackpad wouldn't be any different .

Jun 26, 2015 at 02:58 AM
howardm4
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Anybody using keyboard covers with shortcuts?

yes. you can have multiple keyboards, mice, pads, etc plugged in and 'hot' simultaneously.

The computer gets and processes all the input so if you move 2 mice simultaneously, you'll get some weird combination of movements etc.

Jun 26, 2015 at 06:04 AM
mjm6
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Anybody using keyboard covers with shortcuts?

OK, that's good to know about the keyboards. I figured it would work, but wasn't sure.

I've certainly had no trouble with multiple mice on the same machine, but hadn't tried keyboards before.

Thanks,

---Michael

Jun 26, 2015 at 11:15 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.