FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Gorgeous Puget Sound Wedding

imaginephotoaz
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Gorgeous Puget Sound Wedding

Been awhile since I've shared our work. What do you guys think?

http://imaginephotoaz.com/imagine/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/puget-sound-wedding-1.jpg

http://imaginephotoaz.com/kelly-and-nick-washington-wedding-seattle-area-wedding-photographers/

Jun 25, 2015 at 07:42 AM
rondphoto
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Gorgeous Puget Sound Wedding

Without context, it seems more like a creeper photo than anything. Like, "I'm going to snap a few pics while she changes" sort of thing.

Just my .02

Jun 25, 2015 at 09:55 AM
Sodonn
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Gorgeous Puget Sound Wedding

Out of my own curiosity....I noticed that the attention grabbing shot above posted here and over at SLR Lounge FB group is not found within the set on your site. Which leads me to ask....is the bride OK with her backside being posted so publicly. I guess she must have been one of those "free and comfortable" types to not mind changing in the woods with 3 photogs around.....but not seeing it in the actual set on your site made me wonder. I have a similar shot of a bride....but didn't dare think of posting it so publicly. Just curious.

Jun 25, 2015 at 10:39 AM
BSPhotog
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Gorgeous Puget Sound Wedding

Hmm, comes off as strange to me for a wedding. Why is this woman putting on a wedding dress by herself, alone, in a dark forest? Concept is a bit too contrived for my taste, and I'm not really sure what it says as an image. Maybe it has a place in a larger context.

Jun 25, 2015 at 11:46 AM
stevez32
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Gorgeous Puget Sound Wedding

Seems like a scene from a horror film. Not sure as to how many potential brides would appreciate a shot like that. The whole mood would change if there were some attendants to give a more party celebratory feel to it.

Jun 25, 2015 at 11:59 AM
gnjphotography
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Gorgeous Puget Sound Wedding

I have to say, the entire set shows your style and the photo above fits in. It is definitely attention grabbing. The entire set is solid and the photo above is the second photo in the set. Nice job and obviously the bride and groom will appreciate the work you put in.
Also nice job with the multiple exposure in the woods. Your style is different, which is needed in such a saturated market.

-Greg

Jun 25, 2015 at 12:09 PM
imaginephotoaz
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Gorgeous Puget Sound Wedding

Thanks for the comments, gang.

To address some concerns: Bride loves the photo and all the rest from this series. she gave the OK to share them anywhere we please. This is not contrived in any way and was the result of her not being able to access the bridal suite on site and running late for the start of the day. She was alone and running behind, no attendants nor mother on site, so she (and we) did the best we could with the situation. We have BTS images of her setting her bags behind the tree and taking her street clothes off. This was a very real and rushed situation that we shot the hell out of.

Jun 25, 2015 at 12:57 PM
Tom In Arizona
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Gorgeous Puget Sound Wedding

Hi Jason...

I'm not a wedding photographer, but your set of photos from this wedding made me want to comment. They are, to my unprofessional mind, really outstanding. The photo posted here is obviously an eye-catcher, but when taken in the context of the other photos on your site, it shows an outstanding level of talent.

If I should ever marry again (highly unlikely after being happily married for nearly 35 years), I would give you a call. Beautiful work.

Thanks
Tom

Jun 25, 2015 at 01:24 PM
BSPhotog
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Gorgeous Puget Sound Wedding

imaginephotoaz wrote:
Thanks for the comments, gang.

To address some concerns: Bride loves the photo and all the rest from this series. she gave the OK to share them anywhere we please. This is not contrived in any way and was the result of her not being able to access the bridal suite on site and running late for the start of the day. She was alone and running behind, no attendants nor mother on site, so she (and we) did the best we could with the situation. We have BTS images of her setting her bags behind the tree and taking
...Show more
I suppose this was my point--the context is critical. The image (inarguably beautiful) takes on a different life when alone versus in the whole set like on your blog. In the full set, it sheds the creepy/voyeur/hyper-staged baggage that it seems to take on when shown alone. Very cool set, fun to look through.

Jun 25, 2015 at 03:06 PM
imaginephotoaz
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Gorgeous Puget Sound Wedding

Tom, thanks for the kind words. We are in Arizona too, and you may not be getting married again but you and your wife deserve photos for yourselves. Let me know if we can ever shoot something for you!

Jun 25, 2015 at 03:08 PM
dkmiles1
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Gorgeous Puget Sound Wedding

I thought the set was excellent and the image above certainly caught my attention, but in a strange way it sorta cheapened the rest of the set for me - not sure I can explain why.

I guess the earlier point about context was key (thank you for the context by the way), as after seeing the set, I didn't feel like I needed this image to lure me into it - because the set was that good I felt there were many other images that would have just as likely compelled me to look further and click on the link...

That said, beautiful bride and a seriously great set! Great work!

Jun 25, 2015 at 08:50 PM
Flugelbinder
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Gorgeous Puget Sound Wedding

Great image and very nice set.
Even out of context it's a great image!

Jun 27, 2015 at 06:43 AM
slee915
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Gorgeous Puget Sound Wedding

This is a beautiful set. Great work.

Jun 27, 2015 at 06:52 AM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Gorgeous Puget Sound Wedding

the whole set on the blog is worth the click

Jun 28, 2015 at 02:00 PM
PhotoDH
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Gorgeous Puget Sound Wedding

Loved it! Really inspires me to try my best to photograph more weddings outside the city! 👌

Jun 29, 2015 at 01:58 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.