Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Model spray tanned before shoot...

Dano39
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Model spray tanned before shoot...

Hi Everyone,

I recently did a shoot with a model who unannounced to me, got a spray tan done the day of our shoot. I tried to cover up as much skin as possible during the shoot but her chest/neck area as well as her arms and legs were still visible and definitely show the blotchy discoloring. If I had known she had done this I would have postponed the shoot but scheduling wise we had to shoot that day.

My question is, can anybody recommend a method or tutorial they use on a regular basis that will hopefully help me out with my situation? As of now, I am currently creating a layer, grabbing my brush tool at a low opacity, selecting a color from the section of skin I like, and then painting over the tanned skin...adjusting opacity to my taste to avoid it standing out. Other than this I am not exactly sure what to do.

Thanks for your help.
Daniel

Jun 23, 2015 at 08:27 PM
Aaron D
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Model spray tanned before shoot...

Oh geez man.....what a fuster cluck. Short of what you're doing, I have no ideas (my PS skills are extremely elementary). But I wanted to express my sympathy for the frustration you're enduring. :/

Ill be watching to see what ideas others may have. On the off chance I think of something, Ill reply for sure.
Good luck Daniel.

Aaron

Jun 23, 2015 at 09:24 PM
UCSB
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Model spray tanned before shoot...

Having a hard time visualizing the problem. There are many possible approaches in PS. Perhaps a sample would be helpful.

Jun 24, 2015 at 01:16 AM
Eyeball
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Model spray tanned before shoot...

Sounds like the kind of thing where frequency separation could help. In general, it allows you to smooth blotchiness of the skin, including major wrinkles, while maintaining skin texture. There are many, many tutorials that you can find with a general Google search or a more specific search on YouTube. Here are just two that I have used in the past:

Jun 24, 2015 at 07:37 AM
Dano39
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Model spray tanned before shoot...

Thanks for the replies everyone, eyeball, I will give the frequency separation a go tonight and see if that helps. I'll try to provide a sample later tonight when I get home from work so you can see what I am working with.

Jun 24, 2015 at 08:11 AM
Mescalamba
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Model spray tanned before shoot...

Usually I do layer with blend set as color (not 100% visibility, like 33% or so), pick some healthy skin color and paint over.

It depends how many pics you need to fix like that. For one or lets say 5 pics, its easy. If you have hundreds, then its a problem.

Jun 24, 2015 at 08:28 AM
Dano39
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Model spray tanned before shoot...

Mescalamba wrote:
Usually I do layer with blend set as color (not 100% visibility, like 33% or so), pick some healthy skin color and paint over.

It depends how many pics you need to fix like that. For one or lets say 5 pics, its easy. If you have hundreds, then its a problem.

Mescalamba, this what I am currently doing for these particular photos. Definitely helps, but just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a better process someone else may have tried.

Jun 24, 2015 at 10:06 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.