New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · 6D -> Centerpoint AF

lukeiam
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 6D -> Centerpoint AF

Is there no way to do this on Auto? With my 5D2 it was no problem, but with the 6D I can't seem to select the centerpoint for AF...It's fine for manual, but no Auto option. Thanks for reading

Jun 22, 2015 at 03:12 PM
Dave McGaughey
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 6D -> Centerpoint AF

You mean a one-button jump to center? Doesn't exist. Unless you install MagicLantern.

Jun 22, 2015 at 03:13 PM
lukeiam
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 6D -> Centerpoint AF

Hmm I mean the AF will hunt to lock to the centerpoint AF, not automatically locking to outer AF points..

ML will fix this with still work? Thanks

Jun 22, 2015 at 03:18 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 6D -> Centerpoint AF

The 5DII can enable AF point area expansion (C.Fn.III-7). The 6D does not have this capability for manual AF point selection. I don't know what ML might do for this.

Jun 22, 2015 at 06:12 PM
rattlebonez
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 6D -> Centerpoint AF

Personally I think the 6D center point only can easily out-focus the 5D II with center point expansion. The 6D focus is not bad.

Jun 22, 2015 at 06:15 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 6D -> Centerpoint AF

rattlebonez wrote:
Personally I think the 6D center point only can easily out-focus the 5D II with center point expansion. The 6D focus is not bad.

I agree, as long as you can keep the subject more-or-less centred in the finder.

Jun 22, 2015 at 06:18 PM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 6D -> Centerpoint AF

crashwins wrote:
Is there no way to do this on Auto? With my 5D2 it was no problem, but with the 6D I can't seem to select the centerpoint for AF...It's fine for manual, but no Auto option. Thanks for reading

Use P mode. It's the same as full auto but lets you select AF points, use program shift, EC, etc. Full auto is P mode with most physical controls and user overrides disabled. Normally nobody buys a 6D for point 'n shoot so I figure the designers added full auto so you can hand the camera to a tyro and not worry about them messing up camera settings.

Jun 22, 2015 at 06:40 PM
lukeiam
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · 6D -> Centerpoint AF

Awesome. Thanks for the help. 80% of the time I run manual, but sometimes I just prefer to keep it easy and shoot auto, sometimes with ND filters on. I'll check out P mode!

Jun 22, 2015 at 06:47 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.