FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · 3 from Zion

morris
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 3 from Zion

My family and I just completed 3 weeks of hiking in the south west completing what the National Parks Service calls the Grand Loop and then some. Zion National Park was our introduction to the stunning red rock of Utah. I love the contrast of greenery to the red rock and also the occasional white Navajo sandstone.

060415DSC_3259 by Morris Altman, on Flickr

060415DSC_3418 by Morris Altman, on Flickr

060415DSC_3444B by Morris Altman, on Flickr

Comments and suggestions welcome,

Morris

Jun 22, 2015 at 07:15 AM
Ted ellis
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 3 from Zion

A "tuff" board Morris, 270 views and zip replies.

#2 jumps out to me. The first leaves me flat. The 3rd might be stronger. Levels or curves. The leafless tree at the bottom and the tree to the right and top are distracting to my eye.

Jun 23, 2015 at 11:18 AM
JohnBrew
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 3 from Zion

Morris, I realize you were with your family and all that and probably didn't have a tripod handy, but I think #2 would have surely been more interesting with a long exposure. #3 - not much you can do about a dead tree - unless you have a chainsaw with you I think I would have removed the separate greenery at the top in post, otherwise I like it.

Jun 23, 2015 at 01:36 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 3 from Zion

Ted ellis wrote:
A "tuff" board Morris, 270 views and zip replies.

#2 jumps out to me. The first leaves me flat. The 3rd might be stronger. Levels or curves. The leafless tree at the bottom and the tree to the right and top are distracting to my eye.

Thank you Ted,
I see your points. I'm used to things being slower here on the Landscape Forum and noticed the pace of things happening seems to match the pace of the action of wildlife v landscape.

---------------------------------------------

JohnBrew wrote:
Morris, I realize you were with your family and all that and probably didn't have a tripod handy, but I think #2 would have surely been more interesting with a long exposure. #3 - not much you can do about a dead tree - unless you have a chainsaw with you I think I would have removed the separate greenery at the top in post, otherwise I like it.

Thank you John,
I can replace the chain saw with the clone stamp or content aware fill. Getting rid of the disconnected foliage on top as you and Ted have suggested is a great idea as it would leave the tree branch that remains pointing into the image.

Morris

Jun 24, 2015 at 07:19 AM
savingspaces
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 3 from Zion

I get these type of shots with being with the family and such. I do it with the wife as well - best of both worlds.

In any case, I like them a lot.

Jun 25, 2015 at 12:25 AM
morris
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 3 from Zion

savingspaces wrote:
I get these type of shots with being with the family and such. I do it with the wife as well - best of both worlds.

In any case, I like them a lot.

Thank you Savingspaces,

Morris

Jun 26, 2015 at 09:12 PM
plsand
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 3 from Zion

Hi -
Very nice - You, and yours had a great trip -Glad for you -
Paul

Jun 27, 2015 at 07:05 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · 3 from Zion

Yes Morris , Rectangular tool with CWF would eliminate that dead tree fine! Great compositions here.
Dan

Jun 27, 2015 at 08:42 AM
morris
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · 3 from Zion

plsand wrote:
Hi -
Very nice - You, and yours had a great trip -Glad for you -
Paul

Thank you Paul,
Yes we had a wonderful trip

---------------------------------------------

Danpbphoto wrote:
Yes Morris , Rectangular tool with CWF would eliminate that dead tree fine! Great compositions here.
Dan

Thank you Dan,
I use content aware fill all the time, also the brushes with similar functions.

Morris

Jun 28, 2015 at 10:14 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.