FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2015 · High ISO noise: 5DM III vs 5Ds

Sneakyracer
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · High ISO noise: 5DM III vs 5Ds

dhphoto wrote:
5D3 is much better than the 5D2 for this.

The 1Ds3 better still

Yeah I agree, the 5D2 has pretty horrible banding in the shadows. I skipped that body.

Jun 23, 2015 at 09:06 AM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · High ISO noise: 5DM III vs 5Ds

saintiwari wrote:
Ben,
32 and 6400 may look bad, but diwnsampled to 5d size it just might look better. What about doing it without any noise reduction?
Thanks,

I did downsample the 5DS-R to the same size as the 5D3, but my subject was light and even though it was dusk, there is no plain dark areas to really show the noise. Then I am not sure how to show it on the web, a 1024 crop size is pretty small. Besides, you have a new post below me that will show the same thing.

I am not convinced that bright light shows noise the same as a dark subject. I will attempt a milky way shot tonight if I can find the milky way, and that is when I really need ISO3200 and when it never meets my desire, I always end up apply so much NR that it eats the stars.

Jun 23, 2015 at 10:05 AM
saintiwari
• •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · High ISO noise: 5DM III vs 5Ds

The downsampled 5dsr image (to 5d iii size) on lloyd chambers blog @6400 looked plenty noisy to me.

Jun 24, 2015 at 01:03 PM
saintiwari
• •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · High ISO noise: 5DM III vs 5Ds

Don't have the link, but 'the digital picture' has added 5d's ISO samples and commentary. He says its a stop behind 5d iii at pixel level and normalised, it may be better than 5d iii.

Jun 25, 2015 at 01:07 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.