New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Value of Used Nikon Speedlight SB 800

dwile38
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Value of Used Nikon Speedlight SB 800

Where is the best place to get a fair market value for a used Nikon SB 800 flash I have one and wonder if ebay, amazon , or this forum
THANKS

Jun 20, 2015 at 08:10 PM
cbbr
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Value of Used Nikon Speedlight SB 800

I look here and at actually sold items on eBay. KEH is a good place to look also.

Jun 20, 2015 at 08:40 PM
Aloicious
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Value of Used Nikon Speedlight SB 800

look around for used ones in condition similar to yours either here on the B&S board, or on ebay, KEH can be good too, however they'll usually be slightly higher than the private used market.

Jun 20, 2015 at 10:57 PM
CanadaMark
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Value of Used Nikon Speedlight SB 800

Ebay completed/sold listing searches for an idea of what price to ask, as well as historical FM for-sale ads.

Then, sell it on FM or anywhere but eBay to get a better price, no fees, less hassle, and little to no chance of being scammed.

Jun 21, 2015 at 12:13 AM
Mark_L
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Value of Used Nikon Speedlight SB 800

CanadaMark wrote:
Then, sell it on FM or anywhere but eBay to get a better price, no fees, less hassle, and little to no chance of being scammed.

What protection does b&s have that means a seller has little to no chance of being scammed?

I have two for sale on ebay. Their international shipping programme means the whole world can bid on it for no hassle.

Jun 21, 2015 at 02:11 AM
dwile38
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Value of Used Nikon Speedlight SB 800

Thank you for the information I looked on KEH they range fron 218 to 300 I will probably list here on FM for 150.00 just to get it gone it has some cosmetic rub marks on the speedlight lettering but other than that it works perfect.Used it in for photography class in College

Jun 21, 2015 at 03:55 AM
cbbr
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Value of Used Nikon Speedlight SB 800

Mark_L wrote:
What protection does b&s have that means a seller has little to no chance of being scammed?

I have two for sale on ebay. Their international shipping programme means the whole world can bid on it for no hassle.

Here, most people are "known" for lack of a better way to put it. The reputation system also helps a lot. Selling on eBay (and I do sometimes) is a crap shoot because the "protections" offered are almost all in favor of the buyer. Seller beware and be dammed.

Jun 21, 2015 at 07:05 AM
CanadaMark
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Value of Used Nikon Speedlight SB 800

Mark_L wrote:

You can check people's post history as well as detailed feedback for previous transactions. Would you rather sell to someone who you talk to on a regular basis on FM with tons of feedback, 'likes', and post history, or some random in another country?

Further, eBay/PayPal has essentially zero seller protection, and sides with the buyer 99.9% of the time in disputes. Then, you pay what, 13% fees? It's just not worth it IMHO.

Jun 21, 2015 at 11:33 AM
Aloicious
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Value of Used Nikon Speedlight SB 800

dwile38 wrote:
Thank you for the information I looked on KEH they range fron 218 to 300 I will probably list here on FM for 150.00 just to get it gone it has some cosmetic rub marks on the speedlight lettering but other than that it works perfect.Used it in for photography class in College

I sent you a PM.

Jun 21, 2015 at 11:59 AM
D5100 Dude
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Value of Used Nikon Speedlight SB 800

I have bought 2, 1 for 160 and the 2nd for 250. I would say 150 would be a very fair price for a good working one.

Jun 25, 2015 at 02:55 AM
Nikon_14
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Value of Used Nikon Speedlight SB 800

Mark_L wrote:

Here on B&S, the seller can always decide they don't want to sell to someone who brags about "returning items early and often" or other silliness.

Will never forget working in retail, when customers would bring in shoes- "I just don't like the way they feel"- and the soles were so worn out that it looked like they had ran a marathon in them...

Jun 25, 2015 at 08:07 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.