FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Cleaning Up My Act

onegreatcity
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Cleaning Up My Act

I wandered down to a local creek last night with one thought in my head: clean backgrounds, clean backgrounds, clean backgrounds. I'm usually pressed for time and often take what I can get but last night I was intent on making images with a minimal amount of background 'noise'. Lots of shots hit the trash can that didn't fit the criteria but, for the most part, these did.
-Cam

Jun 17, 2015 at 08:58 PM
LuckyStrike
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Cleaning Up My Act

Well done , Cam!!

Theres so much vegetation around here, a clear BG is a real rarity! I guess you had to work for these and search carefully.

How are the mosquito's this year

LuckyT

Jun 18, 2015 at 01:16 AM
can0nfan2379
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Cleaning Up My Act

Nice shots Cam. I would say you definitely succeeded in your goal of getting some clean backgrounds.

Jun 18, 2015 at 07:37 AM
Ted ellis
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Cleaning Up My Act

IMO, backgrounds are the icing on the cake. Great backgrounds on all Cam, the first three are my favorites.

Ted

Jun 18, 2015 at 11:22 AM
jdc562
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Cleaning Up My Act

Nice catches and compositions, but the images are softer than expected for your camera. Those are very low shutter speeds for the length of your lens and the inevitable movement of your subjects, especially those perched on thin sticks. Your model Canon is technically capable of producing low noise images at much higher ISOs, which, in turn, allows much higher shutter speeds. Try at least 1/2000th to reduce blur from subtle vibrations of your equipment and the subjects. This should help boost the sharpness of your otherwise fine images.

Jun 18, 2015 at 12:03 PM
JimLittle
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Cleaning Up My Act

A pleasure to view these!

Jun 18, 2015 at 08:32 PM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.