Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Macro World Resource

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Venus Optics 15mm 1:1 Macro Lens Coming !!!

Sharks123
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Venus Optics 15mm 1:1 Macro Lens Coming !!!

http://www.venuslens.net/wp-content/uploads/photo-gallery/DSC_1057.jpg

http://www.venuslens.net/coming-soon/

Jun 17, 2015 at 05:13 AM
MarkB1
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Venus Optics 15mm 1:1 Macro Lens Coming !!!

Great shot, and love the clarity. Was it taken with the new lens?

Jun 17, 2015 at 05:55 AM
e6filmuser
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Venus Optics 15mm 1:1 Macro Lens Coming !!!

The verticals look quite good. Is it rectilinear?

Harold

Jun 17, 2015 at 05:58 AM
LordV
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Venus Optics 15mm 1:1 Macro Lens Coming !!!

Harold - this guy has quite a few shots using it on his flickr gallery https://www.flickr.com/photos/nickadel/

one shows the effect of + 6mm lens shift whatever that might mean (a tilt/shift lens?)

Brian v.

Jun 19, 2015 at 01:34 AM
e6filmuser
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Venus Optics 15mm 1:1 Macro Lens Coming !!!

LordV wrote:
Harold - this guy has quite a few shots using it on his flickr gallery https://www.flickr.com/photos/nickadel/

one shows the effect of + 6mm lens shift whatever that might mean (a tilt/shift lens?)

Brian v.

Yes, Brian, a vertical shift of 6mm (shift lenses usually shift up to at least 11mm). This is the principal use of shift lenses, for architectural images, correcting converging verticals. They can do the same laterally, usually to a slightly smaller distance.

Shift is less potentially useful in macro than tilt, which can give a principal plane of focus not parallel to the sensor. I have a tilt adapter which I have occasionally used, most recently to combat internal reflections. I also have shift lenses (24mm and 35mm, non-macro).

Shift mechanisms are incompatible with other than manual, stopped-down apertures, even on the system cameras they were designed for.

Harold

Jun 19, 2015 at 02:23 AM
Dalantech
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Venus Optics 15mm 1:1 Macro Lens Coming !!!

Me thinks that it's going to be like their other macro lens -the aperture is manual. Not even remotely interested in shooting with a dark lens.

Jun 19, 2015 at 02:30 AM
e6filmuser
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Venus Optics 15mm 1:1 Macro Lens Coming !!!

Dalantech wrote:
Me thinks that it's going to be like their other macro lens -the aperture is manual. Not even remotely interested in shooting with a dark lens.

John,

I used stopped-down, small apertures, usually with extension, all the time. Darkness is not as much an issue as I feared, before committing to digital. Live View Boost is very effective.

Harold

Jun 19, 2015 at 02:42 AM
e6filmuser
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Venus Optics 15mm 1:1 Macro Lens Coming !!!

e6filmuser wrote:
Yes, Brian, a vertical shift of 6mm (shift lenses usually shift up to at least 11mm). This is the principal use of shift lenses, for architectural images, correcting converging verticals. They can do the same laterally, usually to a slightly smaller distance.

Shift is less potentially useful in macro than tilt, which can give a principal plane of focus not parallel to the sensor. I have a tilt adapter which I have occasionally used, most recently to combat internal reflections. I also have shift lenses (24mm and 35mm, non-macro).

Shift mechanisms are incompatible with other than manual, stopped-down apertures, even on the
...Show more

I forgot to say that shift or tilt needs a lens with a larger than standard image circle at the sensor, as these lenses, to a varying extent, use areas further from the centre than do other lenses. That is why I use my Schneider HM 90 rather than the HM 40 for tilt shots. The amount of tilt I used to eliminate the internal reflection with the 40 was tiny.

Harold

Jun 19, 2015 at 02:48 AM
Dalantech
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Venus Optics 15mm 1:1 Macro Lens Coming !!!

e6filmuser wrote:
John,

I used stopped-down, small apertures, usually with extension, all the time. Darkness is not as much an issue as I feared, before committing to digital. Live View Boost is very effective.

Harold

Are you using live view to focus? I can't seem to get the hang of it, and prefer the view finder. F2.8 is sometimes too dark above 2x -can't imagine looking through a 1x lens @ F16 and trying to manually focus.

Jun 19, 2015 at 03:30 AM
e6filmuser
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Venus Optics 15mm 1:1 Macro Lens Coming !!!

Dalantech wrote:
Are you using live view to focus? I can't seem to get the hang of it, and prefer the view finder. F2.8 is sometimes too dark above 2x -can't imagine looking through a 1x lens @ F16 and trying to manually focus.

Not normally, the main purpose of purchasing the EM-1 was to get the viewfinder which allowed the hot shot to be used at the same time. I get the same brightness, which ever I use. At poor light levels the colour goes before the image really darkens.

I was out this morning, in sunlight, photographing a beetle with a magnification of about x3 at the sensor, FOV 6mm, f16 set on the lens. I had no problem seeing what was sharp and the colours were just a little dark. (I might post those images today or tomorrow).

If working at ground level I might fit the VF-2 (with huge eye-cup) and angle it upwards to give a view from directly above the hot shoe or somewhere in between.

I have used the rear screen to focus, when the camera had to be held by my extended arms. It is difficult to see in bright light but the resolution is OK.

Harold

Jun 19, 2015 at 06:05 AM

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.