FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Fractal Cascades

LSExplorer
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fractal Cascades

We headed to this less documented and hidden waterfalls in the Wolf Creek in the Little River Canyon which, due to the sunny day, we hope to get rid of the direct sun lights for waterfall shots. It was fairly difficulty to find it because of the faint trail marks along the creek. Nevertheless we managed some bush wadding and creek crossing, our efforts got rewarded by this series of beautiful cascading scenes. We had the whole creek to ourselves and the splashing sounds of the cascades reminded us of the solitude and tranquil feelings. We scouted around the area for quite a while and tried as many different compositions as we could. This is one of them depicting the beauty of this multi-scale (fractal) cascades of the so-called Upper Gregg's Two Falls.

You C&Cs are welcome.

Fractal Cascading

Edited on Jun 16, 2015 at 01:23 PM · View previous versions

Jun 15, 2015 at 02:33 PM
Ton Hung
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fractal Cascades

I like it

Jun 15, 2015 at 03:30 PM
dswiger
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fractal Cascades

This is very nice.
I'm sometimes jaded by water fall shots but this one has a nice progressive view with different water textures. It fills the frame nicely

Dan

Jun 15, 2015 at 03:42 PM
stanparker
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Fractal Cascades

I like this a lot, and would like to know where it is exactly. I was in North AL last fall looking for waterfalls, wasn't aware of this one. Most of them were dry then anyway.

Jun 15, 2015 at 05:44 PM
Scott Kroeker
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Fractal Cascades

This is a real beauty!

Jun 15, 2015 at 06:24 PM
tjny
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Fractal Cascades

Very nice fall in brilliant colors.

Jun 15, 2015 at 10:00 PM
LSExplorer
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Fractal Cascades

TON HUNG wrote:
I like it

Thanks Ton.

dswiger wrote:
This is very nice.
I'm sometimes jaded by water fall shots but this one has a nice progressive view with different water textures. It fills the frame nicely

Dan

Thank you Dan for you kind words.

stanparker wrote:
I like this a lot, and would like to know where it is exactly. I was in North AL last fall looking for waterfalls, wasn't aware of this one. Most of them were dry then anyway.

Thanks stanparker.

This one is located in the middle of the Wolf Creek. The trailhead is where HW 255 and 176 meet.

Scott Kroeker wrote:
This is a real beauty!

Thanks Scott.

tjny wrote:
Very nice fall in brilliant colors.

Thanks tjny.

Jun 16, 2015 at 09:29 AM
nugeny
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Fractal Cascades

I love falls and this is one of the best picture. Thanks for showing. Where is Bear creek?

Jun 16, 2015 at 12:41 PM
Ipanematom
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Fractal Cascades

Very nicely done!

Jun 16, 2015 at 01:11 PM
LSExplorer
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Fractal Cascades

nugeny wrote:
I love falls and this is one of the best picture. Thanks for showing. Where is Bear creek?

Thanks for your kind comments.
I am sorry that this should be in Wolf Creek of the Little River Canyon (LRC). I have corrected this in the description.

For your interest, I will PM you the link that you will find the location of this waterfalls because I am not sure if external link is allowed or not here.

Jun 16, 2015 at 01:27 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.