New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Photoshop CC on OSX 10.7

Kenj8246
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Photoshop CC on OSX 10.7

A search didn't answer my question so is anyone more or less successfully running the latest Photoshop CC on OS X 10.7.5? Any information will be more than I have. Other than the horror stories that abound on the interwebs.

Thanks in advance.

Kenny

Jun 11, 2015 at 08:42 AM
JimboCin
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Photoshop CC on OSX 10.7

Been running Photoshop CC on Mac OS X 10.7.5 since Photoshop CC began. No problems specifically related to 10.7.5

What problems are you having?

Adobe sent out a note (copied below) that the next major release of Creative Cloud will require OS X 10.9 or higher. The latest version of Lightroom (Lightroom 6 / CC) will not run on 10.7.5 (because 10.7.5 is not fully 64-bit). At some point in time a future release of Photoshop CC will not be 10.7.5 compatible either. That will not prevent us from running the older software.

This is happening with a lot of software (C1, DxO, etc.) and is understandable. Can't expect the software vendors to support older OS's forever.

My primary computer is 'stuck' at 10.7.5, so I am in a dilemma of what I am going to do to upgrade. I want to stay Mac (not Hackintosh or Windows) so iMac and Mac Pro are my options, and I have reservations about each of them.

Jim

---

Important information about Creative Cloud and Mac OS X

Dear Creative Cloud Member,

We’re hard at work on the next major release of Creative Cloud, and wanted to share some information on updated operating system requirements for members using Mac OS X. In order to take advantage of the latest operating system features and technologies, the next major release of Creative Cloud will require Mac OS X 10.9 or higher.

You’ll still be able to install and run the current Creative Cloud apps on older versions of OS X, but you won’t be able to install or run the next release of Creative Cloud until you upgrade to OS X 10.9 or higher.

For more information, including how to upgrade Mac OS X for free, please visit our Creative Cloud blog page.

The Creative Cloud Team

Jun 11, 2015 at 09:05 AM
Kenj8246
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Photoshop CC on OSX 10.7

Hi, Jim. Thanks for the reply. I'm not having any problems YET. I've got a mid-2011 iMac 27 that I recently crammed 16 gigs of memory into. However, I'm still running Elements 10 or 11 which is only 32-bit and can't see more than 4 gigs of my nice new memory.

I also understand why the software folks are taking this approach; I just don't like it. Guess I'll bite the bullet and do CC; not much choice really. I'm presently shooting 4X5 film and when you do a color sheet, the file sizes are humongous and take more resources to futz with.

Kenny

Jun 11, 2015 at 10:16 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.