Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2015 · I want to praise Nikon for a second, if I may.

Darrin M
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · I want to praise Nikon for a second, if I may.

Very happy with how they handled the N1 10-30mm fix in my case.
I bought a used N1 V1 + kit lens that was not serviced. i had to provide the serial number and the return address (but no proof of purchase was required), and a free UPS shipping label was generated.
I got the lens back in one week from Melville, fixed, cleaned and without having to pay a penny.

Jun 12, 2015 at 05:44 PM
wake1923
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · I want to praise Nikon for a second, if I may.

Nikon did a quick job on my D750 and it works just great.

Jun 16, 2015 at 09:30 AM
jim allison
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · I want to praise Nikon for a second, if I may.

Nice to hear that they are finally getting their act together!

Jun 17, 2015 at 06:22 PM
hans98ko
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · I want to praise Nikon for a second, if I may.

Another job well done by Nikon Singapore.
Sent in my 20mm f1.8G together with my D800 after a month or so of usage to have a better understanding of this lens. With that I found that it requires an AFFT of 0 for MFD, and from 2.3 - 3.5m onwards it requires an AFFT of -12, after that at infinity it requires an AFFT of -15.
Sent it in on the 13th and got it back today the 23rd, so is just 10 days including a 3 days long weekend.
Just finished testing it in the field and is now tac sharp requiring zero fine tuning.
A BIG THANK YOU to Brenda and Xavier for working on it.
This lens is all ready to go to the Arctic for Aurora this winter before the activities decreases due to lower sun spots activities.

Jul 22, 2015 at 04:36 AM
james.d53
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · I want to praise Nikon for a second, if I may.

I just sent my D750 in today for the shutter issue. My body is not having any problems, but my serial number is on the affected list.

There is a large segment of the population that just isn't satisfied with anything and just bitches a lot!! I have never had any issues with Nikon service. They have always done a first class job and I love that they explain in detail what they have done to my cameras, lenses, and speedlights.

Jul 22, 2015 at 08:09 PM
CanadaMark
• • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · I want to praise Nikon for a second, if I may.

james.d53 wrote:
I just sent my D750 in today for the shutter issue. My body is not having any problems, but my serial number is on the affected list.

There is a large segment of the population that just isn't satisfied with anything and just bitches a lot!! I have never had any issues with Nikon service. They have always done a first class job and I love that they explain in detail what they have done to my cameras, lenses, and speedlights.

That is usually the case with pretty well any product. Unhappy people are almost always an extremely vocal tiny minority. Companies don't stay in business by intentionally screwing over enormous percentages of their customers (except maybe insurance companies haha) like a quick Google search or a few forum posts may have you believe. I would bet that Nikon service (and other brands) is perfectly satisfactory to the vast majority of customers. When people feel wronged, they are many times more likely to want their story heard than if it's just business as usual with a satisfied customer. I'm guilty of the same thing, I've probably written 10 times the bad reviews as I have positive ones in my life for various things because it gives you a small feeling of justice - more recently I have been trying to make a conscious effort to take the time to have good service experiences recognized just as often.

Jul 22, 2015 at 08:46 PM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.