1       2       3              7      
       end

Archive 2015 · New Leica Q compact

Bijltje
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.8 #1 · p.8 #1 · New Leica Q compact

robgo2 wrote:
I expect that it will raise the bar higher than Leica can even dream of doing.

Only when you look at the sensor technical part and maybe the EVF (if it will have one). In handling, menu's, build and operation I don't expect sony to do better. Until now they haven't been able to do so.

Jul 29, 2015 at 04:55 PM
ryankarr
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.8 #2 · p.8 #2 · New Leica Q compact

I also expect the Sony to be in the $3000+ range if and when it shows up.

Jul 29, 2015 at 07:44 PM
robgo2
• • •
p.8 #3 · p.8 #3 · New Leica Q compact

Bijltje wrote:
Only when you look at the sensor technical part and maybe the EVF (if it will have one). In handling, menu's, build and operation I don't expect sony to do better. Until now they haven't been able to do so.

I should think that the "sensor technical part" is the most important component of a digital camera, along with the lens. Sony always has and always will beat Leica in the sensor department. But if someone wants a 28mm lens on a FF compact camera, the Q is a great place to find one. From what I can tell, it appears to be the first digital camera that Leica has gotten right.

Jul 30, 2015 at 11:08 PM
Bijltje
• • •
p.8 #4 · p.8 #4 · New Leica Q compact

robgo2 wrote:
I should think that the "sensor technical part" is the most important component of a digital camera, along with the lens. Sony always has and always will beat Leica in the sensor department. But if someone wants a 28mm lens on a FF compact camera, the Q is a great place to find one. From what I can tell, it appears to be the first digital camera that Leica has gotten right.

I think we differ in this, for me handling and use of a camera is as important, if not more important. As much as I like the output of my A7 sony, the handling makes me look for another camera.

Aug 02, 2015 at 05:41 AM
dasrocket
• • • •
p.8 #5 · p.8 #5 · New Leica Q compact

I agree Bitltje; I bought an A7 for a test drive on a vacation I am currently on and as much as I like the sensor and some aspects of the camera (the ISO 50 is an extremely handy option when using the CV 50 1.1 wide open in the daytime), the overall handling is way more cumbersome than I expected.

Aug 02, 2015 at 07:28 AM
telyt
• • • •
p.8 #6 · p.8 #6 · New Leica Q compact

robgo2 wrote:
Sony always has and always will beat Leica in the sensor department.

I don't know about that. The a7II so far has been a very handy digital back for my R and other lenses but I'm still struggling with the color quality compared with the DMR (Kodak sensor).

Aug 02, 2015 at 12:12 PM
Arka
• • • • • •
p.8 #7 · p.8 #7 · New Leica Q compact

robgo2 wrote:

Disagree. The best camera is the one you use (or want to use) to take pictures. The baseline quality of most FF digital pipelines being offered on modern cameras is good enough that interface design, focus mechanics, ergonomics, and other features are clearer differentiators of whether I will actually use the camera. After all, what good is an amazing lens-sensor combination if it never sees the light of day? My wife and I retain excellent Nikon D800 bodies for event work, but all of our personal shooting is done on the far lighter and simpler-to-use M240, whose sensor is arguably far behind the D800 technologically (the optics are another story). Also, I had an RX-1 that had superlative optics and a great sensor that I recently sold. Why? Because the UI stank, the AF was just OK, and I didn't derive anyjoy from using it. The Leica Q is a quantum leap forward in the usability department. I can't wait until mine finally comes in.

Aug 04, 2015 at 01:37 PM
ryankarr
• • •
p.8 #8 · p.8 #8 · New Leica Q compact

I loved the files from my old RX1, but absolutely hated using it.

I shoot everything from APS-C to MF digital to film, and I always gravitate to the camera's that are setup well from a control and usability standpoint.

Still waiting for my call, I have the handgrip and screen protectors sitting on a shelf in preparation.

Aug 04, 2015 at 03:24 PM
ryankarr
• • •
p.8 #9 · p.8 #9 · New Leica Q compact

Anyone taken delivery lately? My local store still hasn't received any units except their demo.

Aug 20, 2015 at 07:06 PM
blue265

p.8 #10 · p.8 #10 · New Leica Q compact

Arka wrote:
The Leica Q is a quantum leap forward in the usability department.

And, it would appear, in the durability department...
Had this happened to my RX1, it would be sleeping with the monkeys.

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/249216-what-no-to-do-with-a-leica-q/

Aug 22, 2015 at 12:34 PM
       end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.