Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Billingham Hadley Pro Large?

chrismscotland
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Billingham Hadley Pro Large?

Has anyone got the Hadley Pro Large bag? I've always had a hankering for the Hadley Pro but I don't think its quite big enough to accommodate my kit so the Hadley Pro Large has caught my eye!

I'm looking to accomodate a D750 with a zoom lens (24-70 or 16-35) and maybe a couple of primes along with a few batteries / memory cards, wallet, phone.

Jun 10, 2015 at 05:59 AM
atwl77
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Billingham Hadley Pro Large?

The Hadley Large Pro uses a different buckle system from the rest of the Hadley range which you may or may not like -- try before you buy.

On the other hand, if you don't need the top handle and aren't going to carry a 15" laptop, I think the Hadley Large is a more suitable choice.

Jun 10, 2015 at 06:54 AM
chrismscotland
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Billingham Hadley Pro Large?

I certainly wouldn't want to carry a 15" laptop, I'd say a tablet would be the biggest thing I may have in the bag, top handle would be nice for travel but I could probably live without it. I wasn't aware the buckle system was different on the larger bag.

Jun 10, 2015 at 07:47 AM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Billingham Hadley Pro Large?

The Hadley Pro has a quick release system: teardrop hole you slip over a brass stud. It's simple and fast to secure or open (plus a regular buckle if you care to use it). The Large merely has a buckle and is more fussy to use. I've never seen a D750 but my EOS 6D and 24-105 4L fit fine in the center and there's room for my 430EX II and a small zoom or prime inside.

Jun 11, 2015 at 04:21 AM
atwl77
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Billingham Hadley Pro Large?

Gochugogi wrote:
The Hadley Pro has a quick release system: teardrop hole you slip over a brass stud. It's simple and fast to secure or open (plus a regular buckle if you care to use it). The Large merely has a buckle and is more fussy to use.

That's incorrect. The Hadley Large Pro uses the buckle. All the other Hadleys (Small, Pro, Large) use the quick release system.

Jun 11, 2015 at 05:47 AM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Billingham Hadley Pro Large?

Not sure what you're trying to say but maybe these models have different names in your country? I actually own the Hadley Pro and it has the quick release stud as clearly shown in this product photo:

http://www.amazon.com/Billingham-Hadley-Camera-Black-Trim/dp/B0014E9A2K/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1434055355&sr=8-3&keywords=hadley+pro

I don't own the Hadley LARGE Pro anymore (too big for me) but here's a picture of it and there is no QR stud:

http://www.amazon.com/Billingham-Shoulder-Fibrenyte-Chocolate-Leather/dp/B00MEV4KT0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1434055589&sr=8-1&keywords=hadley+pro+large

Jun 11, 2015 at 03:48 PM
atwl77
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Billingham Hadley Pro Large?

Gochugogi wrote:
Not sure what you're trying to say but maybe these models have different names in your country? I actually own the Hadley Pro and it has the quick release stud as clearly shown in this product photo:

http://www.amazon.com/Billingham-Hadley-Camera-Black-Trim/dp/B0014E9A2K/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1434055355&sr=8-3&keywords=hadley+pro

I don't own the Hadley LARGE Pro anymore (too big for me) but here's a picture of it and there is no QR stud:

http://www.amazon.com/Billingham-Shoulder-Fibrenyte-Chocolate-Leather/dp/B00MEV4KT0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1434055589&sr=8-1&keywords=hadley+pro+large

There are four products in the Hadley range:
i) Small
ii) Pro
iii) Large
iv) Large Pro

You're mixing up the Large with the Large Pro. In your earlier post you talk about the Large but your link to Amazon is the Large Pro.

Jun 11, 2015 at 08:44 PM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Billingham Hadley Pro Large?

I was lazy and abbreviated the terrible and cumbersome name, Billingham Hadley Large Pro. I vote to call them LP and L sans P. Or maybe large and larger! Whatever, I returned my LP due to the funky buckle design and kept the plain P. Haven't actually seen or touched a L.

Jun 12, 2015 at 03:23 AM
jancohen
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Billingham Hadley Pro Large?

:::: levity switch on ::::

It's a bag--albeit a very expensive one--made for carrying photographic and/or other items, whether they're labeled Hasselblad, Kodak Brownie, or Nestles Crunch bar. I just bought a used 445 myself, though I did get it at more than 50% off the current retail price.

Plenty of room for Nestles Crunch bars , as well as newly introduced, expensive 44 megapixel solid state devices.

Gochugogi eloquently stated "Haven't actually seen or touched a L."

I did once, years ago, when I was in the military in an exotic location. Ended up having to get a series of very painful injections.

Added edit: I should also mention that it's a not the kind of bag you want to take with you hiking on nature shots while trying to capture the elusive Sam-I-Am. It'll get dirty really fast.

:::: levity switch off ::::

Jun 12, 2015 at 07:36 AM
Arka
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Billingham Hadley Pro Large?

$700 for a camera bag? Unless you're looking to make a fashion statement (and I can't see how you would with one of those things), I would opt for something cheaper like a Crumpler. I've seen and played with Billinghams and have never been terribly impressed, especially given what Billingham is charging. The "quick release" system on my crumpler bags (velcro) works just fine for me thank you very much.

Jun 13, 2015 at 12:17 AM
atwl77
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Billingham Hadley Pro Large?

Not sure where you got that $700 from... both the Hadley Large Pro and 445 come under $500 at B&H.

Also camera bags can be a very personal thing, to each his own and all that. I don't think the snark was necessary.

Jun 13, 2015 at 04:21 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.