FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · The Ice Thread

ctlim
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · The Ice Thread

just came back from a mignight sun experience in iceland ran by Iurie Belegurschi of www.iceland-photo-tours.com

usually travel to shoot for myself, this time around I had to co-guide and only take some snaps when everyone else has been mentored and now free on their own to explore, this is as close as you can get to a plan it yourself photo tour, yet be guided professionally on what to expect in terms of weather conditions and location (they do change a bit) some of these images we had to alter our IT to get them due to wind conditions and midnight sun solstice.

plus, the entire time, logistics and meals planned to a tee. unless you mind being fed too much

sharing some exclusively ice images from this recent trip...

Jun 09, 2015 at 06:56 AM
ctlim
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · The Ice Thread

first image, after the sun set (so technically) 1am twilight. had to go commando on the freezing water again. got too lazy for overshoes or waders... yes it was cold, and I did it 3x in 24 hrs.

Jun 09, 2015 at 07:00 AM
ctlim
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · The Ice Thread

an incoming storm from the west looming at 6am. we had just enough time to squeeze in a 40 min sunrise session after just ending sunset. fjallsarlon was too windy to we made a decision to head back to jokulsarlon, however the tides were disrupting the calm waters, so made a decision to take another drive and hike a bit down to a secluded part of the lagoon (the less visited one) and we were blown away with the dreamy conditions there

Jun 09, 2015 at 07:04 AM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · The Ice Thread

That is a really cool image. The ice staying so still against the moving water plays tricks on the eye a bit. Keep em coming, looking forward to seeing more.

Jun 09, 2015 at 07:04 AM
ctlim
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · The Ice Thread

this one runs parallel to the last image i will post, I was keeping an eye out on the back side of the ice beach waiting for the sunset to diffuse as everyone wanted a coastal shoot, when the light faded on the other side it got really good on the other, so we had to gather everyone and head the other way to capture two scenes in one sunset. could have been 3 locations had a huge cloud bank not came in to ruin twilight

Jun 09, 2015 at 07:07 AM
ctlim
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · The Ice Thread

last image, this one facing the mist and spray, not even one second given to take a clean shot due to the wind and water. but had to take a chance on it since I liked the way the ice was spread around in four corners.

next up: a thread on single ice blocks and wave movement images.

thanks for looking!!! ... and oh you can see more of my work here:
www.500px.com/christianlim
www.facebook.com/christianlimlandscapes

Jun 09, 2015 at 07:09 AM
DSC01
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · The Ice Thread

These are pretty awesome ! Regards,
Dean

Jun 09, 2015 at 01:22 PM
tjny
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · The Ice Thread

A cool set from a most wonderful place.

Jun 10, 2015 at 01:57 AM
1bwana1
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · The Ice Thread

I was just there, amazing place. Great images!

Jun 10, 2015 at 10:35 AM
ctlim
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · The Ice Thread

Thanks guys!

Jun 13, 2015 at 06:55 AM
Ipanematom
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · The Ice Thread

Lovely photos!

Jun 13, 2015 at 10:44 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.