HKBStudios

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · vintage

Jun 08, 2015 at 07:48 AM
ejos
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · vintage

Love the Flying Tigers! I'd like to see more of the plane (P-40, right?) and the model - any wider shots? Maybe process it for a vintage feel?

Thanks for sharing.

Jun 08, 2015 at 09:57 AM
Puffin Runner
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · vintage

Hi HKB, Ditto what ejos said, including feelings about the airplane! Claire Chennault & Co did an amazing thing with very little in the way of resources...

To add to ejos' words, This lady looks like she's trying mightily to smile while the sun is in her eyes, or she's been smiling for several hours, or both. It looks like you weren't the only photographer there, yes? In any case, the expression doesn't flatter her. My $0.02...

Jun 08, 2015 at 05:34 PM
HKBStudios

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · vintage

ejos wrote:
Love the Flying Tigers! I'd like to see more of the plane (P-40, right?) and the model - any wider shots? Maybe process it for a vintage feel?

Thanks for sharing.

Yes, a P-40 Warhawk. No wide shots, just this one. I normally shoot in B&W so the vibrant color is a treat for me. I don't do much photo manipulation, I try to leave the image as I actually saw it.

Jun 09, 2015 at 06:32 AM
HKBStudios

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · vintage

Puffin Runner wrote:
Hi HKB, Ditto what ejos said, including feelings about the airplane! Claire Chennault & Co did an amazing thing with very little in the way of resources...

To add to ejos' words, This lady looks like she's trying mightily to smile while the sun is in her eyes, or she's been smiling for several hours, or both. It looks like you weren't the only photographer there, yes? In any case, the expression doesn't flatter her. My $0.02...

Actually, she isn't a model, she borrowed the vintage Red Cross uniform from a museum. From what I gathered she hadn't been there long. It was late afternoon, but the sun was not harsh. I was shooting the plane when she and her friend took a few shots on an iphone as I paused. I told them that their shots would certainly make good photographs. The nurse misunderstood me and thought I wanted to shoot with her, so she went back to stand in front of the plane for me, an awkward situation, but I couldn't refuse the opportunity. Now it was just my camera and her, she smiled without being told, the only direction I gave her was to look slightly over my shoulder rather than directly at the camera for a more candid look. I took one shot so as not to waste their time, when I checked the display I was happy with the results.

Jun 11, 2015 at 11:57 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.