FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Pacific Power

quickking
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Pacific Power

Here is a blend of several images to show the non-stop action at Seal Rocks State Park. The seagull was a good sport and stayed put throughout most of the shooting. My first time photographing on the Pacific coast and it was quite interesting with the wave action and tides.Those of you who post such nice coastal shots have my respect; I realize that it's not as easy as one might think..Kevin

Pacific Power by Kevin King, on Flickr

Jun 08, 2015 at 04:05 AM
Ipanematom
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Pacific Power

This is nicely done! Love how you captured the wave effect(s)!

Jun 08, 2015 at 11:38 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Pacific Power

Hey Kevin,

Nicely done here, I really like all of the display of power with all of those wave splashes across the whole scene.

Jim

Jun 08, 2015 at 12:35 PM
dbehrens
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Pacific Power

Also like how you captured the wave action. Looks like you blew out some of the whites - easy to do when there is so much dynamic range. i also think some WB adjustment would help.
Dave

Jun 08, 2015 at 01:54 PM
quickking
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Pacific Power

Ipanematom wrote:
This is nicely done! Love how you captured the wave effect(s)!

Thanks so much, I appreciate it.
---------------------------------------------

JimFox wrote:
Hey Kevin,

Nicely done here, I really like all of the display of power with all of those wave splashes across the whole scene.

Jim

Thanks very much Jim. It was neat seeing so much wave action. This may be commonplace but it was the first visit for me.
---------------------------------------------

dbehrens wrote:
Also like how you captured the wave action. Looks like you blew out some of the whites - easy to do when there is so much dynamic range. i also think some WB adjustment would help.
Dave

Thanks very much Dave. I struggled with WB; does it look too warm? I'm open to suggestions. Thanks again.

Jun 08, 2015 at 02:06 PM
ArturS
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Pacific Power

Very nice wave action and incredible splash. I would try to add some brightness to the highlights. See how it works.

Jun 08, 2015 at 06:35 PM
Douglas_Bush
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Pacific Power

You've done a great job here of showing the turbulence of the waves and it isn't a very easy thing to do. What I'd suggest is brightening it up quite a bit. The whole image is quite dark to my eyes.

Jun 09, 2015 at 05:44 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.