Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Any concern over new PayPal Rules?

dalite
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Any concern over new PayPal Rules?

For users of PayPal you may have received a recent email from them regarding some changes to their agreement rules. One of the thing that concerns me is that their new policy opts one into robocalls. According to a newspaper article, the User agreement change may run afoul of proposed FCC privacy protections.

"If you do not agree to these amended terms," the revised document says, "you may close your account within the 30 day period and you will not be bound by the amended terms."

In other words, put up with it -- or get out. While I am of the opinion that PayPal provides a valuable service as a intermediary between Buyer and Seller, offering both parties protection in a transaction, I don't like the idea of those robocalls. What are our alternatives outside of PayPal? Cashier's check? Money Order? Personal delivery (if both parties live close by?) The first two options require a level of trust . . . and risk.

Jun 07, 2015 at 11:52 PM
dcains
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Any concern over new PayPal Rules?

I don't give anyone my direct phone number. Google Voice.

Jun 08, 2015 at 01:37 AM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Any concern over new PayPal Rules?

simpler option to closing account: www.nomorobo.com. When the first call from those shisters shows up, note the calling # and the Caller ID name, if any, go to Nomorobo's Dashboard, enter those data, and SHA-F'G-ZAM, next call from those suckers will ring once and once only and thereafter be automatically blocked. Prior to Nomorobo, I was getting 5-10 robo calls per day. Now I get two to three a month!!

Jun 08, 2015 at 06:53 AM
dalite
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Any concern over new PayPal Rules?

Thanks everyone. More input appreciated. I'm going to decide within 30 days on whether or not to opt out of PayPal.

Jun 08, 2015 at 12:07 PM
Etherton
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Any concern over new PayPal Rules?

Anthony, going to give that site a try! I have been getting 3 or 4 a week - annoying as hell! I'm 38 and they urgently need to talk to me about my Medi-care (or something equally as stupid)! Calls come in anywhere from Cali to Washington, DC.

Jun 08, 2015 at 04:18 PM
Sarsfield
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Any concern over new PayPal Rules?

www.nomorobo.com

Anthony is right on. We use this and there are No More Robocalls here. Any call from a robo and your phone will ring once and the call will then automatically be killed by nomorobo. There is one company that has caught wind of this and after the call getting killed, they transfer our number to a voice call center and this call gets through. I just never answer that one and I have reported this to nomorobo. Great free service.

Jun 08, 2015 at 06:31 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Any concern over new PayPal Rules?

Sarsfield, yes, I've had that happen couple times. What I've done to kill that move is to collect that new # go to "whocallsme", enter that # to try to get a name associated with that call (because none came up on my caller ID), go to nomorobo and enter those data in the dashboard with the input to them that the original # is jumping. May well be coincidental, but that move countered the robo's move. 😼😼😼 I cannot imagine that the developer of nomorobo is still doing this for free. 👌👌

Jun 08, 2015 at 08:29 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.