Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · How are you soliciting reviews?

rondphoto
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · How are you soliciting reviews?

Are you sending out emails soliciting clients for reviews? Are you making a contest out of it? Are you targeting one site or sending links to all of them? Are any sites giving you a better result....like Facebook vs Wedding Wire?

Jun 07, 2015 at 09:30 PM
GeoLaing
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · How are you soliciting reviews?

I generally post a few "sneak peek" images on facebook the next morning so the bride and groom have some images to wake up to. I send them an email directing them to the peeks and asking them to tag themselves and comment.

In that email I also send a review request with a link for them to leave a wedding wire review. I would estimate 70% leave a review right away while they are still on the high from their wedding. Sometimes it takes a couple weeks or even a month, but all of my couples have left at least one review and in some cases both the bride and grooms have left reviews.

Jun 08, 2015 at 09:09 AM
MattGruber
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · How are you soliciting reviews?

I struggle with this. I love getting great reviews (who doesn't?), but I feel so weird about asking clients to leave them. I have heard from quite a few brides that a particular DJ or videographer or whoever will pressure them into leaving a review on a particular site- and based on their reaction- I never want to be that person. When a bride says she wants to leave a review and asks where I would prefer, I try to point them to wedding wire.

Edited on Jun 08, 2015 at 09:17 AM · View previous versions

Jun 08, 2015 at 09:15 AM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · How are you soliciting reviews?

I used to have reviews in a couple of different places but now I just take them by email. If people ask to leave one I ask them to wait until the album is delivered (eg: entire process complete). Sometimes people fire off a testimonial right after the wedding so I cannot re-direct them but it's not such a big deal.

I find the best reviews are simply from the best qualified clients. Meaning, some reviews from 2-3 years ago are almost worthless today. But that's okay, I don't feel you need hundreds of reviews as people only really read a handful.

What they say is all important, of course.

Jun 08, 2015 at 09:16 AM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · How are you soliciting reviews?

MattGruber wrote:
I struggle with this. I love getting great reviews (who doesn't?), but I feel so weird about asking clients to leave them. When a bride says she wants to leave a review and asks where I would prefer, I try to point them to wedding wire.

Hey,

I hope you're both well! If you'd like to leave a review, you can do so here: (link).

Thanks,
Your Wonderful Photographer.

Jun 08, 2015 at 09:17 AM
DmitriM
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · How are you soliciting reviews?

I know a few businesses who offer a discount for any future services for a review(positive or negative). It may be one way to do it.

Jun 08, 2015 at 01:44 PM
mirrorrim
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · How are you soliciting reviews?

I send an email about a week after they get their USB:

Title: Need a favor, will you review me?

Hi X and Y!

I hope you’ve been enjoying your photographs! I was wondering if you had a quick moment to help me out. Would you be willing to leave me a review on WeddingWire or Google?

If so, I've found that couples looking to hire a wedding photographer find it really helpful when they can read information regarding:

-What your photography experience was like on the wedding day

and

-What your expectations were, and how they compared to your actual experience

-Plus anything else you'd like to share!

WeddingWire (link)

Google (link) (when you google my business name there is a link "write a review" right under my website result)

If you could do that, I'd be very grateful!

Thanks,
Jaclyn

-----------

I only send the 1 email. I dont ask again. I worded my email based on this advice. The leading questions help me get much more thoughtful responses beyond "she's nice and takes great photos!" and many times clients who are booking me have quoted specific lines in these reviews that resonated with them.

Jun 08, 2015 at 03:17 PM
rondphoto
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · How are you soliciting reviews?

Thanks for taking the time to share!

Jun 08, 2015 at 03:31 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.