Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
4
       5       end
  

RX1/RII + Sony WA converter (SEL075UWC) = Pretty awesome
  
 
GMPhotography
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · RX1/RII + Sony WA converter (SEL075UWC) = Pretty awesome


Thanks Fred


Jun 29, 2016 at 07:14 PM
GMPhotography
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · RX1/RII + Sony WA converter (SEL075UWC) = Pretty awesome


So your grinding off the whole bezel about 1/8 of a inch is that correct. Lunch than Im warming up the Dremel.


Jun 29, 2016 at 08:36 PM
AGeoJO
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · RX1/RII + Sony WA converter (SEL075UWC) = Pretty awesome


Trijicon1 or others that have converted the UW converter - can the converted still be used for the Sony FE 28mm f/2 lens without any "harm", not only the mounting part but also the exif data, for example, will be transmitted correctly to the camera? What I meant is, will the converted UW converted read the exif as 21mm f/2.8 on that FE lens? Thanks!


Jun 29, 2016 at 10:27 PM
GMPhotography
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · RX1/RII + Sony WA converter (SEL075UWC) = Pretty awesome


Surgery went well and she is in recovery drying up her wounds. Lol

The trick is grinding it down enough so manual focus ring runs free. It was a little tight so I went more , so now either in macro or regular the focus ring has the same free flowing tension. Not sure when I can test it , the heat here is unbearable. Even at 5 am it's still over a 100. I must be just flat out stupid for moving here 35 years ago. Lol

Anyway this will be great I'm driving our gear to NY in two weeks in a Penske truck to do my wife's show. So I'll keep the RX2 and the converter with me in the cab. Road trip

Again thanks for posting this as I do appreciate anyone that gets a Dremel out and attacks photo gear, you belong in my club. The Choppy's


FYI for DIY folks Dremel with cutting wheel for plastic and used a sanding bit for the metal. Pretty easy work just nerve racking . Element is right there



Jun 29, 2016 at 10:34 PM
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · RX1/RII + Sony WA converter (SEL075UWC) = Pretty awesome


GMPhotography wrote:
Surgery went well and she is in recovery drying up her wounds. Lol

The trick is grinding it down enough so manual focus ring runs free. It was a little tight so I went more , so now either in macro or regular the focus ring has the same free flowing tension. Not sure when I can test it , the heat here is unbearable. Even at 5 am it's still over a 100. I must be just flat out stupid for moving here 35 years ago. Lol

Anyway this will be great I'm driving our gear to NY in two weeks
...Show more

I'm glad it all went well. Do some tests inside the house with AC!



Jun 29, 2016 at 11:08 PM
Trijicon1
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #6 · p.4 #6 · RX1/RII + Sony WA converter (SEL075UWC) = Pretty awesome


AGeoJO wrote:
Trijicon1 or others that have converted the UW converter - can the converted still be used for the Sony FE 28mm f/2 lens without any "harm", not only the mounting part but also the exif data, for example, will be transmitted correctly to the camera? What I meant is, will the converted UW converted read the exif as 21mm f/2.8 on that FE lens? Thanks!


Yes, it still can be used with the 28mm



Jun 30, 2016 at 03:03 AM
AGeoJO
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #7 · p.4 #7 · RX1/RII + Sony WA converter (SEL075UWC) = Pretty awesome


Trijicon1 wrote:
Yes, it still can be used with the 28mm


Thank you!



Jun 30, 2016 at 03:41 AM
AGeoJO
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #8 · p.4 #8 · RX1/RII + Sony WA converter (SEL075UWC) = Pretty awesome


Guy did a big favor for me; he modified mine as a friend . I just got it back today and it looks great and it works. Thank you very much, Guy and I owe you one.

Joshua



Jul 08, 2016 at 12:54 AM
GMPhotography
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #9 · p.4 #9 · RX1/RII + Sony WA converter (SEL075UWC) = Pretty awesome


My pleasure gotta keep my Dremel in shape.

There is a lot of grinding on this mod.



Jul 08, 2016 at 01:01 AM
AGeoJO
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #10 · p.4 #10 · RX1/RII + Sony WA converter (SEL075UWC) = Pretty awesome


GMPhotography wrote:
My pleasure gotta keep my Dremel in shape.

There is a lot of grinding on this mod.


The real one to follow, Guy!

Does the AF work with the adapter mounted? It does AF but it seems that the target is off in a few cases but sometimes it seems to be sharp on the target but again, not always... . I never saw that phenomenon without the adapter.



Jul 08, 2016 at 01:24 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



GMPhotography
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #11 · p.4 #11 · RX1/RII + Sony WA converter (SEL075UWC) = Pretty awesome


Need to use AFC mode


Jul 08, 2016 at 01:30 AM
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #12 · p.4 #12 · RX1/RII + Sony WA converter (SEL075UWC) = Pretty awesome


GMPhotography wrote:
Need to use AFC mode


It's weird but true. With the A7RII, AF is only accurate in AF-C mode.
However, it works perfectly in AF-S mode with the A7R...Don't ask me why...



Jul 08, 2016 at 11:25 PM
f2_florian
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #13 · p.4 #13 · RX1/RII + Sony WA converter (SEL075UWC) = Pretty awesome


Fred Miranda wrote:
It's an easy mod Guy. Just follow the instructions on this thread. Keep in mind that with the RX1RII, only AF-C gives accurate results.


Hello, only joined this forum today, because I finally modified my converter, but I am running into some issues now.

Just to make sure, that I am not doing anything wrong:
To access AF-C on the RX1RII you rotate the dial on the front of the camera to C, correct?

Now the AF works accurate, for example in A. But if I rotate the top-dial to custom setting 1 (which I set up to shoot a 5 pics bracketing series), the AF is off again. Does anyone know what is causing this issue? Thanks!


Edited on Sep 06, 2016 at 07:45 PM · View previous versions



Sep 06, 2016 at 07:17 PM
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #14 · p.4 #14 · RX1/RII + Sony WA converter (SEL075UWC) = Pretty awesome


f2_florian wrote:
Hello, only joined this forum today, because I finally modified my converter, but I am running into some issues now:

Just to make sure, that I am not doing anything wrong:
To access AF-C on the RX1RII you rotate the dial on the front of the camera to C, correct?

Now the AF works accurate, but only in A (for example). But if I rotate the top-dial to custom setting 1 (which I set up to shoot a 5 pics bracketing series), the AF is off again. Does anyone know what is causing this issue? Thanks!


No, that's continuous 'shooting'. AF-C is continuous focus and needs to changed from AF-S in the menu (or custom button). Unfortunately the wide-angle adapter is only accurate in AF-C with the RX1RII.



Sep 06, 2016 at 07:44 PM
f2_florian
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #15 · p.4 #15 · RX1/RII + Sony WA converter (SEL075UWC) = Pretty awesome


Fred Miranda wrote:
No, that's continuous 'shooting'. AF-C is continuous focus and needs to changed from AF-S in the menu (or custom button). Unfortunately the wide-angle adapter is only accurate in AF-C with the RX1RII.


Okay, thanks you very much!
Obviously I am blind, I can't find this setting. Where do I have to look?
Thanks again!!




Sep 06, 2016 at 07:54 PM
realVivek
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #16 · p.4 #16 · RX1/RII + Sony WA converter (SEL075UWC) = Pretty awesome


Fred Miranda wrote:
No, that's continuous 'shooting'. AF-C is continuous focus and needs to changed from AF-S in the menu (or custom button). Unfortunately the wide-angle adapter is only accurate in AF-C with the RX1RII.


I am pretty sure the AF-C in the front dial in RX1R ii is the continuous auto focus.



Sep 06, 2016 at 10:00 PM
f2_florian
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #17 · p.4 #17 · RX1/RII + Sony WA converter (SEL075UWC) = Pretty awesome


Hm, now I am getting mixed messages here!

Even if C at the front dial stands for AF-C, it still does not work for bracket shooting. Maybe someone with a RX1RII and the converter could check that for me?

Settings:



Sep 06, 2016 at 10:11 PM
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #18 · p.4 #18 · RX1/RII + Sony WA converter (SEL075UWC) = Pretty awesome


realVivek wrote:
I am pretty sure the AF-C in the front dial in RX1R ii is the continuous auto focus.


You are right. My bad.
Just switch the dial on the front of the camera to "C"



Sep 06, 2016 at 10:13 PM
f2_florian
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #19 · p.4 #19 · RX1/RII + Sony WA converter (SEL075UWC) = Pretty awesome


I think I found the issue:
Settings > Camera > 2 > Bracket Settings > Selftimer during Brkt

Everything except OFF makes the AF go crazy ... That's a real bummer, because I shoot a lot of HDRs and don't want to keep my finger on the shutter of course.



Sep 06, 2016 at 10:45 PM
realVivek
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #20 · p.4 #20 · RX1/RII + Sony WA converter (SEL075UWC) = Pretty awesome


f2_florian wrote:
Hm, now I am getting mixed messages here!

Even if C at the front dial stands for AF-C, it still does not work for bracket shooting. Maybe someone with a RX1RII and the converter could check that for me?

Settings:
]


That combo might not be compatible? In any event, if those settings work without the converter, it should work with the converter as well.

(I have the converter with me now but my camera is with the Sony service getting a fix)



Sep 06, 2016 at 10:46 PM
1       2       3      
4
       5       end






FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
4
       5       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password