Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Sold: Canon 5D Mark II (5D2 5DII) + BG-E6 Grip + RRS L-Bracket ($850)

UnknownSouljer
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sold: Canon 5D Mark II (5D2 5DII) + BG-E6 Grip + RRS L-Bracket ($850)

Item updated in the last 24 hours Item price reduced in the last 24 hours   Canon 5D Mark II (5D2 5DII) + BG-E6 Grip + RRS L-Bracket ($850)

Sold

Price: $850.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 7 Shows considerable amount of use - More than average wear
Shipping instructions: $35 flat rate shipping in the continental US via UPS or free local pickup.

Works flawlessly. Has just had a Canon 18 Point Digital SLR Maintenance Service from CPS in Costa Mesa in preparation for sale. So the sensor/mirror/focus screen is clean. Moving parts have all been checked. All functions checked. The whole 9 yards. Has one issue, which is the reason for the massive price drop... read below.

Camera has had the shutter replaced in October!!! Basically brand new. 8500 clicks as of CPS's 18 point inspection. I would imagine it's still less than 10k clicks.

Included with this is:

5D Mark II
BG-E6 Grip
RRS L-Bracket for use with BG-E6 Grip (BGE6-L5B)
Original 5D2 Box with all accessories, manual, cables, software, strap (Strap is beatup and used), battery charger, body cap
Original BG-E6 Box with all original contents including the grip cap.
2x Genuine Canon LP-E6 Batteries

The 5D2 box is for the Lens + Body combo, but the lens is not included. The grip and L-Bracket will be packaged in that space to conserve space and save on shipping cost.
The item will be double boxed (the original box, plus another box). And pushed into shipping peanuts ensuring no voids.

This has been my workhorse camera for 5 years. I purchased it new in 2010. It has been with me on 4 continents and been in jungles. It has plenty of scratches on the back and top LCDs. Some of the scratches are visible on the back LCD while in use. It has some light scratches on the pentaprism bump, nothing through the finish. The "worst" damage is to the viewfinder which has swirl marks in it from when I cleaned it improperly. None of them are visible when using the camera however, including if you're looking directly into a bright light source (like say the sun). The strap points on both sides show brassing as the camera has basically had a strap of one form or another on it for at least 3 of the years I've owned it. A bit of the rubber wear my thumb rests has become loose, but it's been that way for some time and not further peeling.

In October the camera was dropped. It didn't tumble or anything, just a flat up and down impact directly to the bottom of the camera, which was miraculous in itself. The grip wasn't attached at the time so there are a few scratches and chips on the bottom of the camera. This caused an error to come up on the camera (but the camera still worked, I just got that error message between each frame). I took it into CPS in Costa Mesa and they replaced the shutter (a $300 dollar service). As a result, the shutter count is extremely low: 8500 at the time of 19-point inspection by Canon (a little over a month ago). Since the shutter replacement, the camera has operated flawlessly.

Unfortunately CPS didn't notice this during the 18 point inspection, but apparently the USB port on the camera has broken. If you're a CPS Gold member it's $175 for the repair. This is the reason for the massive price drop. If you never use the USB port on cameras, then this is a killer deal, as you won't be affected at all. The USB port on this camera isn't as reinforced as later Canon cameras, and it was used frequently for tethering. I figured it was my USB cable that was broken, but I've received my 5D3 and noticed that it worked fine with both of my USB cables... whereas of course the 5D2 didn't. The price has been lowered to reflect the cost of repair. I took it into CPS today (June 9th) to confirm that it is broken and that is when I learned the cost of the repair.

The BG-EG has wear on it on the opposite side of the shutter.

The RRS L-Plate has a lot of wear on the bottom showing the silvery aluminum through the finish. The rest of it is clean with only minor nicks and scratches that don't go through the finish.

The batteries are old at 5 years but still work well. They both show 1/3 bars for "battery condition" in Canon's diagnostic menu in camera. I'm a minimalist battery person, so I leave the rear LCD off while shooting and I have image review turned off. Shooting this way I have no problem getting 600-800 shots out of each battery without running out (I haven't had a shooting case in which I fully ran out of battery for 2 years). However I have noticed that the batteries tend to go flatter more quickly, so if you shoot rarely and charge rarely you might find you've lost a good portion of battery life. Still, I'm a portrait photographer and I've done 12+ hour shoot days and not run out of battery. I've never had to use AA's with the BG-E6 as a stop gap either.

This camera obviously isn't for a collector. It's definitely for a working photog that needs another camera. Despite its external appearance it works flawlessly and has been maintained well. Every image I've taken this camera has done it it flawlessly. I'm only selling it to move to a 5D3. To see some of the work its done you can check all my social networking stuff in the profile icons.

Price is $1150 Paypal gift or add 3% + $35 flat rate shipping insured via UPS. Or local pickup from 91711.
PRICE DROP TO $1050!!!!!
MASSIVE PRICE DROP TO $850!!!!!

The 5D II and its contents.

The front is nice and clean.

Brassing on the right strap loop.

Brassing on the left strap loop, scratches near the 'EOS' and scratches on the selector knob

The bottom left corner which bore the brunt of the drop. All that remains is this superficial damage.

Edited on Jun 15, 2015 at 10:28 PM · View previous versions

Jun 04, 2015 at 09:06 PM
UnknownSouljer
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sold: Canon 5D Mark II (5D2 5DII) + BG-E6 Grip + RRS L-Bracket ($850)

asdf

Showing the wear spot underneath the on/off switch, which also came from when the camera was dropped.

Various scratches on the LCD screen.

Attempt to show the swirl marks in the viewfinder. They do not affect the usability of the camera at all.

The BG-EG and its contents.

The wear on the corner of the BG-E6.

Edited on Jun 04, 2015 at 09:53 PM · View previous versions

UnknownSouljer
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sold: Canon 5D Mark II (5D2 5DII) + BG-E6 Grip + RRS L-Bracket ($850)

asdf

RRS L-Bracket

The bottom of the RRS L-Bracket, showing the various worn spots through the anodization.

UnknownSouljer
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sold: Canon 5D Mark II (5D2 5DII) + BG-E6 Grip + RRS L-Bracket ($850)

Trades/Partial Trades: Canon 50mm f/1.2L, Canon 85mm f/1.8, Canon 35mm f/2 IS, Canon LP-E6N (with few cycles), Canon BG-E11, Really Right Stuff BGE11-L, 32GB Eye-Fi Mobi Pro, 32GB Lexar Compact Flash Cards

Edited on Jun 09, 2015 at 09:02 PM · View previous versions

Jun 05, 2015 at 04:00 PM
UnknownSouljer
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sold: Canon 5D Mark II (5D2 5DII) + BG-E6 Grip + RRS L-Bracket ($850)

Another price drop! Willing to listen to reasonable offers. This is an excellent package that will take any photographer far.

Jun 08, 2015 at 05:09 PM
UnknownSouljer
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sold: Canon 5D Mark II (5D2 5DII) + BG-E6 Grip + RRS L-Bracket ($850)

BUMP WITH A MASSIVE GIGANTOR PRICE DROP!!!

Jun 09, 2015 at 06:02 PM
UnknownSouljer
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Sold: Canon 5D Mark II (5D2 5DII) + BG-E6 Grip + RRS L-Bracket ($850)

Lets get some stuffs sold!

Jun 10, 2015 at 03:10 PM
UnknownSouljer
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Sold: Canon 5D Mark II (5D2 5DII) + BG-E6 Grip + RRS L-Bracket ($850)

Bumpity bump bump!

Jun 11, 2015 at 03:19 PM
UnknownSouljer
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Sold: Canon 5D Mark II (5D2 5DII) + BG-E6 Grip + RRS L-Bracket ($850)

Krang!

Jun 12, 2015 at 03:38 PM
UnknownSouljer
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Sold: Canon 5D Mark II (5D2 5DII) + BG-E6 Grip + RRS L-Bracket ($850)

Floaty mcfloat float!

Jun 13, 2015 at 04:24 PM
UnknownSouljer
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Sold: Canon 5D Mark II (5D2 5DII) + BG-E6 Grip + RRS L-Bracket ($850)

Braboom!

Jun 14, 2015 at 04:39 PM
UnknownSouljer
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Sold: Canon 5D Mark II (5D2 5DII) + BG-E6 Grip + RRS L-Bracket ($850)

Zing!

Jun 15, 2015 at 05:20 PM
UnknownSouljer
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Sold: Canon 5D Mark II (5D2 5DII) + BG-E6 Grip + RRS L-Bracket ($850)

Sold on CL

Jun 15, 2015 at 10:27 PM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.