New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary

Douglas L
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary

Just wondering if anyone in the U.S. has received the Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Contemporary (for Nikon) yet? Both B&H and Adorama don't have them in stock. I doubt if they shipped out any. I placed an order with Adorama awhile ago but they had no idea when they would ship when I asked them two days ago. Samy's has them for sale on eBay now....

Douglas

Jun 03, 2015 at 05:33 PM
blake
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary

I received mine from B/H today, (Wed. June 3) Ordered many months ago, shipped to California on May 28.

Jun 03, 2015 at 08:48 PM
Douglas L
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary

blake wrote:
I received mine from B/H today, (Wed. June 3) Ordered many months ago, shipped to California on May 28.

Thanks. Good to know the dealers actually received shipment from Sigma, albeit the limited number. Hope I will get mine soon...

Jun 03, 2015 at 09:27 PM
az-dave
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary

I just placed an order week ago for one from B&H so it could be a while. Glad to hear they are shipping!!! Now how about some shoots taken with that lens. Please

Jun 03, 2015 at 10:43 PM
MP79
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary

I placed an order directly with Sigma USA around the 10th of May. I then sent them an inquiry asking them if they had a time frame they could give me as to when my order could be filled and shipped. The reply I got is as follows:

We are currently expecting our first shipment of this lens to arrive in the first week of June. We do not know how many we will be getting yet so it’s hard to say how many will be going to direct orders and other dealers, but we do have a few hundred pieces on backorder. As you ordered yesterday, I would estimate that we would ship you one in mid-late July.

Jun 03, 2015 at 11:35 PM
Hardcore
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary

MP79 wrote:
I placed an order directly with Sigma USA around the 10th of May. I then sent them an inquiry asking them if they had a time frame they could give me as to when my order could be filled and shipped. The reply I got is as follows:

I'd double that timeframe and then triple it and add a couple of months for a more accurate delivery date. If it is anything like the sport version

Jun 03, 2015 at 11:51 PM
MP79
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary

Hardcore wrote:
I'd double that timeframe and then triple it and add a couple of months for a more accurate delivery date. If it is anything like the sport version

Well it's the first week of June and some buyers are just now getting their lenses as are some dealers just like I was told, so I will keep giving them the benefit of the doubt for now.

Besides, I do have other lenses I can use in the meantime so I guess I'm good either way. A is not necessarily equal to B but thanks for the pessimism all the same.

Jun 04, 2015 at 12:34 AM
chakoo
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary

I received my 150-600 C on Tuesday, I pre-ordered in Feb on the release day.

Jun 04, 2015 at 08:45 AM
Hardcore
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary

MP79 wrote:
Well it's the first week of June and some buyers are just now getting their lenses as are some dealers just like I was told, so I will keep giving them the benefit of the doubt for now.

Besides, I do have other lenses I can use in the meantime so I guess I'm good either way. A is not necessarily equal to B but thanks for the pessimism all the same.

Not pessimism in my case it is realism. Been waiting for my sport version for 7 months. Hope the C version production is much better.

Jun 04, 2015 at 10:41 AM
AvianScott
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary

Hardcore wrote:
Not pessimism in my case it is realism. Been waiting for my sport version for 7 months. Hope the C version production is much better.

I've seen them in stock at many retailers to this point. Samy's has some in stock right now.

http://www.samys.com/p/Zoom-Lenses/740306/150-600mm-f/5-6.3-DG-HSM-OS-Sports-Lens-for-Nikon-F/155848.html

Jun 04, 2015 at 12:22 PM
Hardcore
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary

AvianScott wrote:
I've seen them in stock at many retailers to this point. Samy's has some in stock right now.

http://www.samys.com/p/Zoom-Lenses/740306/150-600mm-f/5-6.3-DG-HSM-OS-Sports-Lens-for-Nikon-F/155848.html

Not in Canada. No stock anywhere. Mid July before it comes in maybe even longer they said. That was direct from Sigma Canada.

Jun 04, 2015 at 12:29 PM
kap55

p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary

Hardcore wrote:
Not in Canada. No stock anywhere. Mid July before it comes in maybe even longer they said. That was direct from Sigma Canada.

I saw the Sport with Nikon mount in the Kelowna Lens & Shutter last week, but it was reserved. The Vancouver Lens & Shutter currently shows 1 Sport with Nikon mount in stock, so they are available in Canada.

Jun 04, 2015 at 01:31 PM
chakoo
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary

I cancelled my Sport pre-order though it is ready to be shipped from B&H. I received C version earlier this week. Image quality meets my expectations, for my occasional birding C-version is good value compared to Sport.

Below is cropped 600mm wide open hand-held shot. LR default sharpening +25 and minimal WB and exposure correction.

Northern Cardinal by Kishore Ryali, on Flickr

Jun 05, 2015 at 08:50 AM
MP79
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary

Hardcore wrote:

Hopefully you caught the smiley and realized I wasn't being serious on the pessimism charge. The Sport has been delayed there is no doubt about it, and waiting that long must be frustrating without a doubt.

Sigma's new manufacturing process is great, but they are definitely having some issues with improving capacity to keep with demand (though to be fair I'll take strict QC over max volume any day). I am sure those looking to buy a 24-105 Art lens feel this particular pain as well. I gave up on that lens for the time being myself and jumped on a super deal for a Nikon 24-120 VR instead. Getting back to the Sport, it has been speculated that part of the delays were related to the reallocation of resources to the production run of the Contemporary, which if true would be very ironic given the discussion at hand.

Jun 05, 2015 at 09:39 AM
MP79
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary

chakoo wrote:
I cancelled my Sport pre-order though it is ready to be shipped from B&H. I received C version earlier this week. Image quality meets my expectations, for my occasional birding C-version is good value compared to Sport.

Below is cropped 600mm wide open hand-held shot. LR default sharpening +25 and minimal WB and exposure correction.

I too started off having pre-ordered the Sport and I switched as well to the Contemporary so your impressions on this matter are more welcome news to my ears. Thanks for sharing.

Jun 05, 2015 at 09:44 AM
CanadaMark
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary

Not the right body, but there is a lengthly thread on the Canon forums about the 150-600 Contemporary that may be of interest to some. Most of the same things will still apply when used on a Nikon:

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1365560

Jun 05, 2015 at 11:05 AM
Douglas L
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary

Found one from Samy's Camera in L.A. today. It should arrive here next week. Very good customer service too. I usually buy from B&H and Adorama but they don't have them in stock. Just sold my Nikon 80-400mm G. Hope I won't regret.

Douglas

Jun 05, 2015 at 07:35 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.