New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · An odd gear couple, Pt.2

PetKal
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · An odd gear couple, Pt.2

If one owns only low or medium resolution camera, such as 1DsMkII, then a good long lens (combo) should help, such as 600 f/4 IS MkII + 2xTC MkII, for the same distance to target. Unfortunately, I do not get to use that combo often despite its IQ excellence because of the F/8 AF limitations.

There are obviously more ways than one to skin a pijun.

Edited on Jun 03, 2015 at 12:34 PM · View previous versions

Jun 02, 2015 at 10:19 PM
mttran
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · An odd gear couple, Pt.2

Peter, you have been dancing with lights regardless what tools you have for awhile now

Jun 02, 2015 at 10:27 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · An odd gear couple, Pt.2

Stunning details in this shot Peter. I love the red eye with yellow border. I guess sometimes those big pixels can outdo the more numerous tiny ones. I had to look up what this was as I thought it was a female but I see that I was mistaken....

TFS
Geoff

Jun 02, 2015 at 10:35 PM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · An odd gear couple, Pt.2

Simply wow, Peter, that first image is crystal clear with tons of detail, really stunning images

Are those hand-held...

Jun 02, 2015 at 11:42 PM
Doctorbird
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · An odd gear couple, Pt.2

Dumping a whole lot of pixels on those feathers - whether by being close or by virtue of a long focal length - is sure to bring out a lotta details and textures.

Db

Jun 03, 2015 at 12:15 AM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · An odd gear couple, Pt.2

StillFingerz wrote:
Simply wow, Peter, that first image is crystal clear with tons of detail, really stunning images

Are those hand-held...

Yes, Jerry, that was shot holding the camera/lens as a rifle in the marksman one-knee-down position.
Shooting a 1200mm FL combo hand-held standing up is more of a challenge, but it can be done thanx to the 4 stop IS.

Jun 03, 2015 at 04:24 AM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · An odd gear couple, Pt.2

Doctorbird wrote:
Dumping a whole lot of pixels on those feathers - whether by being close or by virtue of a long focal length - is sure to bring out a lotta details and textures.

Db

Yes, increasing amounts of detail can be photographed thru proximity to target, camera resolution and lens FL/resolution. (On that diverse interferences are imposed such as light, operator technique, etc.) Naturally, each of those 3 methods has its own strengths and limitations, but proximity often works best, and it generally tends to be the cheapest method for high detail capture.

Jun 03, 2015 at 04:34 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.