New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Windows 10

Whaler
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Windows 10

Currently if you buy a laptop with QHD screen PSCS will not scale properly. Does anyone know whether the scaling issue will be resolved with Windows 10?

TIA

Mike

Jun 01, 2015 at 02:23 PM
jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Windows 10

it's a photoshop bug, not a windows bug.

Jun 01, 2015 at 03:34 PM
Whaler
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Windows 10

So Adobe fixed the issue within CC and left the rest of us (CS6) hanging out to dry. WOW!!!

Jun 01, 2015 at 07:48 PM
jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Windows 10

they didn't leave you out to dry. You can upgrade to get the fix. Do you have any idea how expensive and complex it is to re-roll fixes out to multiple versions of software? And the "fix" doesn't work 100% of the way even with CC. The problem is that developers did a poor job of looking at screen size relative to user interface elements. This is not just with photoshop but with the plug-ins. 99% of the plugins I have are almost impossible to use on my ultra HD notebook computer. Until the programmers get their act together this is not going to be a one-stop-fix

Jun 01, 2015 at 08:28 PM
Whaler
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Windows 10

Agreed, the issue does indeed occur with other software suites. Thus my naïve question about Win 10. I was hoping, just hoping. Adobe got it right with LR, you would think they could correct the issue with PS. I guess I will stick to a 1080 screen.

Jun 01, 2015 at 09:00 PM
Alan321
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Windows 10

Windows has a scaling factor that users can set to match an inch of screen pixels to an inch of printout. It works well with vector fonts (e.g. true type fonts such as Ariel, times new roman, etc.) but does not work with icons and fixed bitmap pictures, which look rather chunky and crappy when enlarged. We need a separate scaling factor for photos to allow or even force them to be displayed at actual pixel size (one image pixel per screen pixel) to prevent them being messed up.

Jun 03, 2015 at 03:38 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.