FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2015 · Dead Man is Dead

lionking
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Dead Man is Dead

Mark Metternich wrote:
Thank you Audrey. As I mentioned above, unfortunately I was not calibrated when I processed this one. Here is a quick revision attempt to move some of the slightly purplish blues, more toward lighter cyan/baby blue (in the sky). Hopefully it is better... It wont be for a while before I can do any real critical evaluation/revision work on it. Unfortunately, processing out of my car has its limits, so sorry about the lack of accuracy. I do appreciate the feedback though. It helps.

Missing the purples, misspelling my name is not monitrs issue, the nature officially took you Mark!
I would say its a good thing...

Jun 05, 2015 at 04:18 PM
ScottHM
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Dead Man is Dead

Love those mossy greens, one of the things I enjoy about getting in the backwoods around the NW, and those sun flares that just want to reach out and grab you...Now just stop driving with your knees

Jun 07, 2015 at 01:08 PM
Mark Metternich
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Dead Man is Dead

Ben Horne wrote:
It's pretty crazy how scenes can change so much. That's one of the reasons why I like revisiting locations. If this was mine, I would work to restore some dark tone to the foreground rocks and especially the tree. They feel a bit too recovered, and It's getting a bit muddy, kind of like when you print a high contrast photo on matte paper.

Thanks dude. I don't doubt it. Processed in a car with lots of glare and on a non calibrated non critical laptop... But I appreciate the feedback. If I get the time, I'll fine tune the processing a bit more and take all suggestions into account... I just need to get a hotel or something...

rw11 wrote:
have you considered a Vanagon?

Those are cool, but I need a good rigorous 4WD too. I am likely going to go back to a Montero or 4 Runner soon before my move to the SW.

Brian Woolf wrote:
Beautiful image as always, really nice sun star, great composition. And thanks for all the info you post.
How do you manage to secure your stuff when away from your car, would worry me all the time.
Brian

Thank you Brian. Insurance and a master at stashing stuff.

ScottHM wrote:
Love those mossy greens, one of the things I enjoy about getting in the backwoods around the NW, and those sun flares that just want to reach out and grab you...Now just stop driving with your knees

Thanks man. . I will try.

Jun 08, 2015 at 01:17 PM
Mark Metternich
• • • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Dead Man is Dead

Thanks all.

Jun 17, 2015 at 03:54 AM
Mark Metternich
• • • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Dead Man is Dead

Now on a calibrated monitor this is a little washed out. Thank you all.

Jul 06, 2015 at 12:44 AM
       end

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.