New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Toby - Hard to dispute the OM-D E-M1 results

russdenney01
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Toby - Hard to dispute the OM-D E-M1 results

Well,

It has been a crazy week for me. $4000 of camera gear I purchased from B&H was stolen when the UPS driver left it in my office lobby without a signature. Luckily, it appears UPS is covering the loss.

On a positive note, I got to try out the OM-D E-M1 with the 40-150mm f2.8 lens. I am impressed...

Toby

May 29, 2015 at 07:22 PM
Puffin Runner
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Toby - Hard to dispute the OM-D E-M1 results

Hi Russ,

Nice grab, and it's good that you were able to find a wiling subject

Maybe it's not hard to dispute the results, but it's not just the camera creating those results. You found nice light, you selected an aperture that pitched the background just enough out of focus so as to keep focus on your little friend, you waited for Toby to give you a pleasing expression, and you pressed the shutter release without jiggling the camera.

The camera helped, of course, but there's more YOU in this image than there is OM-D E-M1, methinks, and I mean that in a good way.

May 30, 2015 at 01:26 PM
russdenney01
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Toby - Hard to dispute the OM-D E-M1 results

Thank you.

You have no idea how your words resonate with me. I spent lots of money in the past (LOTS...) on the best camera gear and finally realized over time technique is more important than gear (at least beyond a certain point).

It is nice that our Toby has always been cooperative for the camera. Our other dog is a bit more challenging!

As far as image quality goes, I am really pleased with the Olympus OMD EM1. I've been getting professional like results for a fraction of the price and weight. I wouldn't go so far as to call the system inexpensive but perhaps a lot higher in the value equation.

May 30, 2015 at 01:45 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.