New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Overcoming #PCS (photographer child syndrome) lol

nextelbuddy
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Overcoming #PCS (photographer child syndrome) lol

As my toddler gets older he of course likes to do more and more of what he wants to do and I love it. Sure it makes it harder to get certain shots but I get shots that are truly unique for myself that I dont get with other clients children and I couldn't be more happy. I may not get 15-20 different shots like i get with other kids but I get 1-4 shots that i walk away in love with because I know that my kids loves being with me and just being himself.

This was supposed to be his formal 18 month session and I quickly just let it turn into do what ever you want to do lol. Its so fun just watching him explore and run around and sometimes even crawl up on me

2015-05-17_0001 by Shawn Robertson, on Flickr

2. I rarely get any shots with him so I take what I can get

2015-05-17_0002 by Shawn Robertson, on Flickr

3. This one is my favorite

2015-05-17_0003 by Shawn Robertson, on Flickr

4. 18 months.....All aboard the train to 2 years old

2015-05-17_0004 by Shawn Robertson, on Flickr

2015-05-17_0005 by Shawn Robertson, on Flickr

2015-05-17_0006 by Shawn Robertson, on Flickr

May 29, 2015 at 09:33 AM
film_4ever
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Overcoming #PCS (photographer child syndrome) lol

Wow, those are all priceless!

Two and three definitely belong on the wall.

Good luck making it through the "terrible twos". He looks like he could be a handful.

TFS!

Edited on May 29, 2015 at 05:37 PM · View previous versions

May 29, 2015 at 10:05 AM
Puffin Runner
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Overcoming #PCS (photographer child syndrome) lol

LOTS of keepers here, Shawn! I love #1, #2 is precious, and #5 is awesome.

Back in the film days, unless you were shooting for Nat Geo or the like, you had a limited budget and thus you needed to get good quickly or else the hobby got pretty darn expensive. As a result, good photographers tended to have a higher "keeper to crap" ratio than the digital spray-and-pray method begets. I think it's still a good idea to consider that 1-4 pictures you're "in love with" is still better than 15-20 PRETTY GOOD pictures. Unless some kid's family wants to plaster the entire house with the kid's pictures, giving the family 1-4 AMAZING pictures to put on the wall and in the office is still going to pay your rent, I pretty much guarantee it.

May 29, 2015 at 03:52 PM
mrhangt

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Overcoming #PCS (photographer child syndrome) lol

Nice use of frames, cute boy.

May 29, 2015 at 04:34 PM
nolaguy
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Overcoming #PCS (photographer child syndrome) lol

Those were the best years of my life, Shawn. It makes me feel good inside that you're enjoying them so much and making great memories.

Chuck

May 30, 2015 at 06:03 AM
Squirrely Eyed
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Overcoming #PCS (photographer child syndrome) lol

Great shots, Shawn. I especially enjoy #1 and #5. I think #1 works really well with the B&W conversion you did. I've shot similar before and end up with mixed feelings in color, as the slides usually cast a strong color and the contrast between the blown highlights of the sky and the subject look off. I need to go back and try them in B&W.

Jun 01, 2015 at 09:27 AM
cc1995

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Overcoming #PCS (photographer child syndrome) lol

Great pictures. Handsome boy. Those are the best years. I have a 4 year old boy and now a 9 month old girl. Started getting into photography after my boy was born and just started learning more and more. Just love capturing all these great moments. Enjoy the ride. Love your pictures.

Jun 01, 2015 at 09:31 AM
mitchel674
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Overcoming #PCS (photographer child syndrome) lol

Nice shooting, Shawn.

The advantage you have over your clients is that you have no pressure in your own "sessions". Things don't work out? Play and have some fun. Try again for some photos another day.

Mine have all grown up in front of my camera. Most of my favorite shots were unplanned candids. Just keep shooting with your great eye for composition.

Jun 01, 2015 at 03:56 PM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Overcoming #PCS (photographer child syndrome) lol

Beautiful, priceless images of your handsome boy. I love these! I will be doing my little guy's 2 year shoot this month.

Jun 01, 2015 at 04:13 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.