New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Problem with Date and Time

blutch
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Problem with Date and Time

I'm coordinating and shooting a major 5-day conference with four staff photographers. We have all sync'd our camera date and time so that when I sort photos in LR by capture time, they are in the order that the events happened. they are all working well except the Canon. In the Metadata of LR there are 4 lines about date and time:

Metadata Date

and further down -

Date Time Original
Date Time Digitized
Date Time

In the case of all four sets of cameras, the Metadata Date and the other three are almost a day off. Even though all four of our Metadata Date and time are sync'd the Canon files' capture time are being read by LR as the Date Time Original - a day early.. so all those files are at the beginning of the day's images instead of spread out at the proper time.

The three "Date Time" entries seem to be all the same, but are not the same as the Date Time in the camera.

Does anyone know how I can get them all to be the same? Especially the Canon (I know this is the Nikon forum) three of us are Nikon shooters and are sync'd.

Thanks

B

May 28, 2015 at 07:27 AM
ckcarr
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Problem with Date and Time

It's darkest midnight.

Four spies are storming the castle.

Three come prepared, dressed in all black and their Suunto Core All Black military watches synchronized perfectly.

The fourth... he's dressed in white, and forgets to wind his ageing watch stem...

Sounds like a Don Knotts movie...

May 28, 2015 at 09:01 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Problem with Date and Time

there is that subtle difference between tools and that other stuff.

May 28, 2015 at 09:05 AM
blutch
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Problem with Date and Time

Huh?

May 28, 2015 at 09:06 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Problem with Date and Time

the nikon was designed to perform as a tool of accuracy in many ways. the canon not so much.

has your canon user looked into the canon pro software and its capabilities to control things like syncing time with a server and such? i couldn't download it because it required a S/N to do.

May 28, 2015 at 09:25 AM
SAng
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Problem with Date and Time

In LR isn't there a way to select a bunch of photos and apply an adjustment to the date-time stamp? It's a bit of a hack but if it gets them all to sort correctly...

May 28, 2015 at 09:30 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.