New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Tv Setting Changes on D810

Wrei
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Tv Setting Changes on D810

I had a problem while using my D810 to take portraits this morning with the Eilinchrome Skyport transmitter on my hot shoe. I set the Tv to 125; f:8; ISO 64. I used the 70-200 f2.8 G IS II lens. After every shot, the shutter speed would reset to 60, 250 or 500. After every shot, every time. Do I have a menu setting messed up or do I have a camera malfunctioning? This hasn't happened until today.

May 27, 2015 at 02:19 PM
beji
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Tv Setting Changes on D810

do you have bracketing turned on?

May 27, 2015 at 03:14 PM
Wrei
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Tv Setting Changes on D810

Pulled the camera out of the bag and sure enough, like you suggested, bracketing was on. I have shot several times since the last bracketed shots, guess I hit the Bkt button. Thanks Beji.

May 27, 2015 at 03:33 PM
james.d53
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Tv Setting Changes on D810

Are you sure that you picked up the Nikon to begin with? Nikons don't have Tv!

May 28, 2015 at 12:55 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Tv Setting Changes on D810

Yep, no Tv's on a Nikon... That abbreviation has always made little sense. A, S and M are quite simple to figure out what they stand for. Anytime I pick up a Canon to help someone I always have to think for a minute as to what on earth Tv could possibly be an abbreviation for

Jim

May 30, 2015 at 02:04 PM
Wrei
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Tv Setting Changes on D810

OK, maybe I should just throw the Nikon in the trash if I'm gonna get trashed for moving over after 30 years with Canon. Of course, I guess I could have just stayed at DP Review to take these remarks.

OK, now that I said that, just kidding, wouldn't throw the D810 out for anything, like it too much. I was typing in a hurry and wanted to abbreviate "shutter speed". Haven't used my Knee Con long enough to convert my acronyms. BTW, Time Value isn't that far out of whack.

Carry on.

Ray

May 30, 2015 at 04:13 PM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Tv Setting Changes on D810

....at least you didn't say "micro adjust" for AF fine tune
THAT would have been grounds for a flogging, Ray
Welcome, buddy!

May 30, 2015 at 04:41 PM
Steve Perry
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Tv Setting Changes on D810

Wrei wrote:
OK, maybe I should just throw the Nikon in the trash if I'm gonna get trashed for moving over after 30 years with Canon. Of course, I guess I could have just stayed at DP Review to take these remarks.

OK, now that I said that, just kidding, wouldn't throw the D810 out for anything, like it too much. I was typing in a hurry and wanted to abbreviate "shutter speed". Haven't used my Knee Con long enough to convert my acronyms. BTW, Time Value isn't that far out of whack.

Carry on.

Ray

WAIT! Don't punish yourself by throwing your Nikon in the trash. 30 years of shooting Canon should be punishment enough for anyone

JK - welcome to the dark side

May 30, 2015 at 06:07 PM
Wrei
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Tv Setting Changes on D810

I used the bracketing last night for sunset photos, now I have to remember to turn the darn thing off!

May 31, 2015 at 08:16 AM
Wrei
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Tv Setting Changes on D810

Will, if Nikon can't get the focus right, why would I think I could do it manipulating software? Like my computers and trucks, I don't want to work on 'em, I want to use 'em!

May 31, 2015 at 09:06 AM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Tv Setting Changes on D810

Wrei wrote:
Will, if Nikon can't get the focus right, why would I think I could do it manipulating software? Like my computers and trucks, I don't want to work on 'em, I want to use 'em!

Oh, they got it right. Some of us print up to 200% crops. I have 5 bodies with the 'fine tune' feature
and 10 AF lenses. That's 50 combinations (not counting TC's) and one couldn't possibly expect ALL to
be spot on. Shooting fast glass or zooms wide open, DOF dictates more demanding accuracy. Mine are
dialed in to perform every time out. FWIW, I also love to work on my trucks & computers.

May 31, 2015 at 10:19 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.