Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Refurb D4 2995 @ Adorama

Nice deal!

May 27, 2015 at 12:29 PM
T_Gordon
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Refurb D4 2995 @ Adorama

I saw that last week and mine arrives today! Edit: Just got it and looks very close to being brand new. All accessories are brand new and the battery life shows new. The battery door shows a few rub marks but that's about it. I'll post the shutter count for those curious when I get home after work today.

May 27, 2015 at 01:07 PM
Dpedraza
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Refurb D4 2995 @ Adorama

I saw there was an ebay ad i think from adorama. They also have it on their site.

May 27, 2015 at 03:32 PM
T_Gordon
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Refurb D4 2995 @ Adorama

The one I received has just over 27K actuations on it.

May 27, 2015 at 04:53 PM
chuhsi1
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Refurb D4 2995 @ Adorama

i'm still so tempted to buy one to match my df when i need autofocus and fps speed...although i really have zero real need. But $3k!?

May 28, 2015 at 01:07 AM
wembley
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Refurb D4 2995 @ Adorama

Ok I don't think I need to upgrade from my D3S but a D4 recently sold on another board for $2500 with around 25k shots.

I probably should have jumped on it for a few hundred dollars upgrade.

May 28, 2015 at 05:46 AM
T_Gordon
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Refurb D4 2995 @ Adorama

Well my refurb has some AF issues so it's getting returned to Adorama. Hopefully any others that got one received a good camera!

May 29, 2015 at 05:43 AM
elkhornsun
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Refurb D4 2995 @ Adorama

I would rather buy a used one with a low shutter count from a private party. A refurbished camera is one that had a parts failure, was taken apart and repaired, and now is being sold with a very short warranty period. I cannot see where a refurb camera is a wise purchase.

May 29, 2015 at 03:06 PM
cambyses
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Refurb D4 2995 @ Adorama

elkhornsun wrote:
I would rather buy a used one with a low shutter count from a private party. A refurbished camera is one that had a parts failure, was taken apart and repaired, and now is being sold with a very short warranty period. I cannot see where a refurb camera is a wise purchase.

Well, the advantage of refurbished is that one would expect Nikon has received it back, has done any repairs that may have been needed, has done all the necessary adjustments, and has run all the required tests again and checked everything before releasing it back to the market. As such, refurbished can sometimes be more reliable than used.

May 29, 2015 at 04:26 PM
CanadaMark
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Refurb D4 2995 @ Adorama

elkhornsun wrote:

Refurbs can often be even better buys than new, because the manufacturer has solved whatever issue that camera would have had if purchased new, and ran it through a second set of tests since leaving the factory. Usually there are absolutely zero signs of physical use either. Not in every situation obviously, but refurbs can be excellent buys, especially with electronics which have few, if any, moving parts.

Also think of how many people (especially these days) probably put their camera through ridiculous extreme-scenario tests and at the first sign of something not being perfect in a situation nobody would ever take a picture in, they return it. Then that camera gets inspected a second time, of course nothing is actually wrong, and someone gets a sweet deal on a basically new camera labeled "refurb". They are also rarely final sale items from any of the major retailers, so if you discover any issues with it, just return it and try another one.

May 29, 2015 at 04:39 PM
Jason_Brook
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Refurb D4 2995 @ Adorama

elkhornsun wrote:

Lol you keep thinking that, leaves more for me

May 29, 2015 at 06:10 PM
MichGoBlue
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Refurb D4 2995 @ Adorama

I bought a refurb'd D4 two years ago through Adorama and got their VIP extended warranty (like 8 bucks to join and you get an extra year on the refurb). Anyway mine had 500 clicks and has worked flawlessly since I purchased it.

May 29, 2015 at 06:54 PM
TAM63
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Refurb D4 2995 @ Adorama

I got a D810 refurb from Nikon - 6 shutter activations. Seems new, and works perfectly.

May 29, 2015 at 06:58 PM
rxgolf
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Refurb D4 2995 @ Adorama

Got mine today and looks close to new with less than 200 clicks. Battery shows new as does all the accessories. The white box is really ugly but initial test make me think this is easily worth the price of admission.
Best to all,
Greg

May 29, 2015 at 09:42 PM
Helen Oster
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Refurb D4 2995 @ Adorama

T_Gordon wrote:
Well my refurb has some AF issues so it's getting returned to Adorama. Hopefully any others that got one received a good camera!

Let me know if you need any help with this: [email protected]

May 31, 2015 at 10:33 AM
Helen Oster
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Refurb D4 2995 @ Adorama

elkhornsun wrote:

Not necessarily!

Refurbs will have been checked over by the manufacturer by hand, inspected very thoroughly, diagnosed, and calibrated by experienced technicians, and could therefore turn out to be more dependable than a new item - which will only have been checked by a process of systematic quality control protocol (ie by random sampling as it comes off the conveyor belt).

A refurb may be an ex-store demo, possibly used in field tests or sales displays, or it may have been ordered in error and returned to the retailer (who can't then sell it as 'new' so it has to be sent back to the manufacturer for refurbishment). But they can have simply been pulled from the production line if something appears faulty, or if they haven’t passed the final inspection. Most of the time it is a very minor issue that needs correcting, nevertheless, once it is pulled from the normal flow of production, it gets flagged as a refurbished model, so you may get a unit straight from the factory that has never been used. (I have three myself, and for sure they were all factory-fresh!)

In addition, Refurbs come into us with the firmware updates and latest fixes which were carried out at whatever stage it was at when we took delivery.

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera
[email protected]

May 31, 2015 at 10:41 AM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Refurb D4 2995 @ Adorama

1/2 my gear is refubished...and I consider myself wise beyond my years.

May 31, 2015 at 11:12 AM
nolaguy
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Refurb D4 2995 @ Adorama

trenchmonkey wrote:
1/2 my gear is refubished...and I consider myself wise beyond my years.

Wow. That's pretty friggin wise, buddy.

May 31, 2015 at 01:38 PM
nolaguy
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Refurb D4 2995 @ Adorama

Helen Oster wrote:
Refurbs will have been checked over by the manufacturer by hand, inspected very thoroughly, diagnosed, and calibrated by experienced technicians, and could therefore turn out to be more dependable than a new item - which will only have been checked by a process of systematic quality control protocol (ie by random sampling as it comes off the conveyor belt).

This. When you think about it, it's pretty amazing that refurbs are as inexpensive as they are. All the product + five times the inspection and quality control.

May 31, 2015 at 01:42 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.