Macro World Resource

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2015 · I love peanuts so much

PetKal
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · I love peanuts so much

This chipmunk has not been habituated to humans, however, after some friendship forming exchanges of gifts ( peanuts for him/her and free modelling for me) I could soon drop a long lens, and I've started shooting him with 100mm f/2.8 IS Macro.

I hope you macro shooters will like it.

Edited on May 30, 2015 at 07:56 PM · View previous versions

May 26, 2015 at 08:50 PM
Jefferson
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · I love peanuts so much

... Tasty 'lil critters when properly prepared ... takes several ...

Shish kabob with a few peppers ... mushrooms ... and onions (scallions work well) ... cooked over Hickory

Eat well ... Live well

Jefferson ...

May 26, 2015 at 09:27 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · I love peanuts so much

Jefferson wrote:
Eat well ... Live well

Yes, the Appalachian way.

May 26, 2015 at 09:42 PM
Kathy White
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · I love peanuts so much

He is totally adorable.

May 26, 2015 at 09:47 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · I love peanuts so much

Kathy White wrote:
He is totally adorable.

Thank you Kathy, I take only the best looking models for my macro art.

May 26, 2015 at 09:49 PM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · I love peanuts so much

That's sharp - more of that secret PP sauce, eh?

May 26, 2015 at 10:01 PM
mogud
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · I love peanuts so much

Nice shot Peter. I have a few of these guys in my backyard stuffing their faces daily.

May 26, 2015 at 11:12 PM
LuckyStrike
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · I love peanuts so much

Peanuts seem to be the universal currency among kritters!

He's very cute, Peter! Love those cheeks! Lets cram a few more in!!!

LuckyT

My local dependents aren't as stripey :)

May 27, 2015 at 12:03 AM
LordV
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · I love peanuts so much

Wonderful capture
Brian v.

May 27, 2015 at 12:32 AM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · I love peanuts so much

LordV wrote:
Wonderful capture
Brian v.

Thank you Brian, the macro master's approval is really appreciated.

Folks, please note that I have double posted this on the Macro World Forum as well. Therefore, let us try to keep it "macro", be it thru macro gears, macro subject or magnification attained otherwise.

May 27, 2015 at 05:14 AM

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · I love peanuts so much

If I ever decide to get a 760D in lieu of the 650D which I gave away to my wife (just a couple days ago she turned in her first published photos done with it) - I know who's to blame. I wonder if this is some kind of withdrawal from the infatuation with the big 1D bodies - for a while I could imagine using nothing else?

May 27, 2015 at 05:40 AM
onegreatcity
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · I love peanuts so much

Peter, I will see your Chipmunk and raise you a bunny. These are from a couple of years back when our backyard was overrun with rabbits, much to the chagrin of my garden-loving spouse. These were all shot with the Canon 100mm L IS and have NOT been cropped. In one case you can see it's actually too much lens as I failed to get the tips of the ears in the shot.

From what I recall I started out on my belly about 20 feet away and crawled closer, inch by inch, until I actually got too close and had to back up again. No baiting whatsoever, just the lure of fresh garden greens and the thrill of unauthorized pruning...

May 27, 2015 at 08:49 AM
LuckyStrike
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · I love peanuts so much

PetKal wrote:

Folks, please note that I have double posted this on the Macro World Forum as well. Therefore, let us try to keep it "macro", be it thru macro gears, macro subject or magnification attained otherwise.

Whooops... I saw your use of macro lens, Peter, but didn't realise you had posted on the macro forum as well

Is there a way to remove my post?

I do have an older 100mm Zeiss f2.8 macro with a Canon adapter plate, but it is terribly difficult to use on my camera...... hmmmmm I can try it and perhaps change the photo

LuckyT

May 27, 2015 at 10:12 AM
LuckyStrike
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · I love peanuts so much

PetKal wrote:

Whooops... I saw your use of macro lens, Peter, but didn't realise you had posted on the macro forum as well

Is there a way to remove my post?

I do have an older 100mm Zeiss f2.8 macro with a Canon adapter plate, but it is terribly difficult to use on my camera...... hmmmmm I can try it and perhaps change the photo

LuckyT

OntheRez
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · I love peanuts so much

Jefferson wrote:
... Tasty 'lil critters when properly prepared ... takes several ...

Shish kabob with a few peppers ... mushrooms ... and onions (scallions work well) ... cooked over Hickory

Eat well ... Live well

Jefferson ...

Chipmunk!? Don't think so. A bit too close to rat for my taste. Now squirrel, ate a fair amount of that one time in a different era/life . Best stewed as it "don't taste like chicken!"

Squirrels are also harder to shoot (either way) as they're more three dimensional than chipmunks.

Peter, you best be bribing (ah, feeding) your little beasty in someone else's back yard - if you have any kind of garden or green things you want to keep alive. Once they get more food they definitely multiply. (Says the man who's "I know what I'm doing and I'm not listening to you" wife fed the birds seed but of course the squirrels got more than their share. I ended up "humane" trapping 18 last year and transporting quite some distance as they will walk a long way for a free meal. I finally gave that up and now just pop them with a good air rifle.

While I've found it possible to get close enough to young rabbits that my Sigma 150 would catch them, can't imagine how to do it with squirrels/chipmunks without bait.

Really nice pix though having grown up ranching and farming and losing grain and feed to the critters it's hard for me to call them cute.

Still a great shot and a real challenge to the macro folks - maybe I'll try rabbits.

Robert

PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · I love peanuts so much

onegreatcity wrote:
From what I recall I started out on my belly about 20 feet away and crawled closer, inch by inch, until I actually got too close and had to back up again.

Good show, Camster, I am an expert crawler too, I get down on my knees and elbows with ease if not grace. It is getting back up which is a bit difficult.

May 27, 2015 at 10:28 AM
henryp
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · I love peanuts so much

http://maxphotographic.com/squirrels/

Henry Posner
[email protected]
B&H Photo-Video

May 27, 2015 at 01:08 PM
OntheRez
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · I love peanuts so much

henryp wrote:
http://maxphotographic.com/squirrels/

Henry Posner
[email protected]
B&H Photo-Video

Oh yeah! Ah huh! Them be some well trained squirrels. Now why is it that I think one is named Foto and the other is Shoppe?

May 27, 2015 at 02:15 PM
IndyFab
• • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · I love peanuts so much

PetKal wrote:
Thank you Kathy, I take only the best looking models for my macro art.

Has the model signed a release..

Nice work !!

May 27, 2015 at 02:18 PM
bluejbill

p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · I love peanuts so much

At my local golf course, the squirrels have run amok. They jump on the bags, rip open the pockets, and steal power bars and fruit. Very aggressive little critters, and annoying.

So it was with some sense of satisfaction one day when I saw one running across the fairway, and an immense red tailed hawk swooped in and picked him up without even hesitating.

He then landed in a tree and proceeded to tear the critter apart.

Yup, kinda satisfying.

May 27, 2015 at 02:56 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.