FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Lake Minnewanka - B&W

Gary Clennan
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lake Minnewanka - B&W

One more from Lake Minnewanka. I decide to convert this one to B&W to really emphasize the texture and lines in the f/g rocks. I've made it my mission to (better) explore areas which are nearby and find some unique perspectives.

May 25, 2015 at 08:23 PM
probishaw
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lake Minnewanka - B&W

Really nice, Gary. Would like to see a little more of the highlights in the foreground rocks, as well as more shadow detail in the far shore. That said, it's still a spectacular and very dramatic capture and conversion.

Hope to see more from you,

Paul

May 25, 2015 at 08:31 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lake Minnewanka - B&W

Thanks for the comments Paul. I will give it another whirl when I find time...

May 25, 2015 at 11:23 PM
lighthound
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Lake Minnewanka - B&W

Another great shot Gary! My only nit is the vignette seems a little heavy. Maybe just a touch lighter to allow a little more details in the shadows of the mountains. Not much though or you'll loose the wonderful mood you captured.

Dave

May 26, 2015 at 09:01 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Lake Minnewanka - B&W

Thanks Dave. I am going to re-process a few different ways this weekend and compare. Appreciate the f/b...

May 26, 2015 at 10:48 AM
Tom Nevesely
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Lake Minnewanka - B&W

I really like your composition but I find the contrast a bit too flat - at least on my monitor here at work. I can't wait to see how you reprocess this.

Also, good on you for trying to better explore nearby areas near by to try to find different comps. Coincidentally, I'm also trying to explore lesser known/photographed areas near by (or relatively so).

May 28, 2015 at 11:21 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.